Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 02:12 AM

Default PR $20+2 second hand JJ

Second hand of a PokerRoom $20 blinds are 10/20 all stacks involved are t1500, no reads.
Hero (UTG+1) raises J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to t75 CO and button call, blinds fold.

Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot 255)
Hero leads 250 CO insta-calls, button min-raises, Hero?
Old 09-14-2006, 03:50 AM

Default Re: PR $20+2 second hand JJ

button probably has AT, CO maybe got a set of 5 or 3 or has something like Ah 5h... or has 2 random high hearts and likes playing draws.
i think i would probably move all in
Old 09-14-2006, 06:19 AM

Default Re: PR $20+2 second hand JJ

Tough decision. If we give your opponents some credit you are either way behind to a set or two pair or you opponents are drawing very live with a flush and overcards or something like that. You raised in early position so it's more likely that your opponents called your preflop raise with hands with implied odds like SCs and low PPs than with marginal hands with huge reverse implied odds like AT or AJ.

You show strength twice in this hand, and with a coldcall and a reraise on the flop I fold this one. It's still early in the tournament and we still have enough chips to play poker and accumulate more chips.