Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Weird Fuper spot

Villain unknown, i haven't been very active.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2970
UTG+1: $2980
MP1: $2540
MP2: $3000
MP3: $2880
CO: $3890
Button: $2890
Hero: $2980
BB: $2870

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $100</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($220, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $150</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $380</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($980, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $2500</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero???
Old 10-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Weird Fuper spot

I'd fold on the flop, totally drawless board. As played, fold the turn. He knows you have a big hand, he wants you to call.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:39 PM

The flop call is good. I think I might call, because there's little reason for him to overbet a Q or 8's full, and people make dumb bluffs and play hands like 8x/99 stupid sometimes.

Todd, I see where you're coming from w/ wanting to fold the flop, it's just that villains will raise w/ air or 8x/mid pairs to "see where they're @" too often.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM

he limp/calls raise. Looks like set (under boat) possibly or QJ. I mean we had KK so the question is what he might be limp/calling here. I put him on PP/QJ/JT/Suited connector (low). Alright, well if he limp-called with PP, then he could have anything from 44+. Of that we beat most hands. I guess he might also limp QJ/KQ here as well. I fold turn and wonder why he is betting 2xPSB with this hand. I think you can wonder what hands you beat, but I put a note on this guy for future cahnces so you can see what he has with worse hands.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop call is good. I think I might call, because there's little reason for him to overbet a Q or 8's full, and people make dumb bluffs and play hands like 8x/99 stupid sometimes.

Todd, I see where you're coming from w/ wanting to fold the flop, it's just that villains will raise w/ air or 8x/mid pairs to "see where they're @" too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you're not necessarily behind on the flop, but the problem with calling is you basically have to be prepared to call 1 or 2 more bets, which makes it better just to fold IMO.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:30 PM

Todd, there is a certain % of the time he raises the flop and slows down after since despite the educational ravings of Gobboboy, plenty of people still raise for information.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Todd, there is a certain % of the time he raises the flop and slows down after since despite the educational ravings of Gobboboy, plenty of people still raise for information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this as well, but when you call the flop here, you basically need him to check it down, which isn't likely to occur. I just wouldn't want to call a turn or river bet here, since he could check behind on the turn with a hand that beats us.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:36 PM

flop call seems standard. i prob make a note and fold turn, regretting the fold later when he does similar ish with 66 and 9Thh

ugh, he can have so much stupid stuff that bluff miniraises the flop, picks up on the turn and shoves.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 AM

I like to c/c on this flop.

As played, I call turn, but that could be bad.