Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: NL25, set linecheck

[ QUOTE ]
Played perfectly until the river, push the river for value since the hands that beat you are few. This is read dependent. Many donkeys would call that turn bet on a flush draw or AJ, or all manner of other holdings.

EDIT: Post the Villain's stats next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they have a flushdraw we can't get any value anymore. A couple of straights got there and might checkraise us. We might only get a little value from AJ, but I think there are too many hands ahead of us that will call/raise compared to AJ alone. Check behind is fine.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:25 PM

My default is to shove, but this is pretty villain dependent. Some will only donkbet-call like this with draws, or never check a straight on the river, etc.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM

raise bigger on flop and that way your turn raise can be AI and won't be a huge overbet.

As played I'd probably puss out on river too, not sure.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My default is to shove, but this is pretty villain dependent. Some will only donkbet-call like this with draws, or never check a straight on the river, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the river? Why would you shove this? What worse hands are going to call and what better hands are going to fold? I think shoving is spew and you have a mayor leak.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the river? Why would you shove this? What worse hands are going to call and what better hands are going to fold? I think shoving is spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain's flop and turn actions indicate that he's a donk, and donks call with a lot of worse hands on the river.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:39 PM

But they do make straights too... Can you name me some of the hands? I can only think of AJ as a worse hand calling here.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 PM

Only AJ?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

What about J9, J8, 96, 66, 88, QQ+, and maybe even weaker hands like QJ, because obviously you wouldn't be raising so much unless you were bluffing with AK.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Hail Eris... You are correct to keep some these hands in his range, but I think they are all very unlikely by the point we reach the river and not worth the risk of running into a straight when we would bet the river for value from these hands IMO. Here's why:

J9, 96, unlikely callers preflop, but even in the unlikely case they did call I don't believe it's very likely given the mindonk/call, mindonk line... Same with a set of 6's. Plus they would almost always be more agressive on the turn/river. I'd need a very specific read that this player makes these small bets with big hands and not with draws to still put him on one of these.

88, J8 are highly unlikely, because villain probably would likely have folded to the flop raise and certainly wouldn't very likely have bet the turn again. Also I don't believe many villains check the river if he is loose enough to go all the way with these hands. It's a easy to think this is part of villains range, because the 8 is on the board, but don't forget villain didn't have that 8 yet on the flop/turn....

I expect QQ+ to 3bet preflop almost always and be more agressive on every street.

I put him on a draw here and he might have made it, no reason to bet.

OP: I'm curious, are you ready to post what he actually showed?