Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 02:21 AM

Default $5NL 6-Max, OK, so I\'ve shown weakness with the turned nut...

Should I 3-bet now or just smooth call for value? I don't have a read on villain as I haven't been at table that long.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($10.13)
Button ($10.52)
SB ($12.22)
BB ($8.87)
UTG ($10.22)
MP ($10.73)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.13, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.35) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, SB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.8</font>, Hero ?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: $5NL 6-Max, OK, so I\'ve shown weakness with the turned nut...

ehhh...well if this was playing 100bbs stacks id prolly smooth call. but since you are playing so deep I can definitely see a reraise being profitable since it opens it up to playing for stacks on the river if he calls.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:27 AM

What's that turn bet? Very weird. Either check behind (to slowplay, which isn't my favorite) or just bet a real amount ($0.85?) here.

As played, if you raise now you're turning your hand up. If I had too play it like this, I'd call his raise and hope he bets on the river. There's a good chance SB is just playing back at your weakness and is letting the hand go to any strength after this (and calling his raise can be seen as strength too).
Old 06-29-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a good chance SB is just playing back at your weakness and is letting the hand go to any strength after this (and calling his raise can be seen as strength too).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 5NL...
Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's a good chance SB is just playing back at your weakness and is letting the hand go to any strength after this (and calling his raise can be seen as strength too).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 5NL...

[/ QUOTE ]

What point are you trying to make?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:40 AM

people are not making moves based on the size of your bet. they play their cards.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
people are not making moves based on the size of your bet. they play their cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are we thinking about betsizes here? Just push your flush and hope he has a callable hand. If it doesn't matter what we bet it's best to get it all in there with the nutz.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not always true. I make moves on the size of players bets (not necessarily my cards) all the time and some of the good regulars I've come across in $5 and $10NL (who also post on 2+2), do the same thing. It's definitely conceivable this guy could be making a move with his raise because: the third diamond could be a scare card for me and my $0.15 bet is smaller in relation to the pot than my flop bet.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's definitely conceivable this guy could be making a move with his raise because: the third diamond could be a scare card for me and my $0.15 bet is smaller in relation to the pot than my flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is your reasoning, you should call his raise.

If he is making a move, and you 3bet him on the turn he'll just fold. So call and hope he fires river.

He can also have a strong hand btw. If this is the case, you need to raise him on the turn to build a pot, since you are both so deep.

I would raise the turn to build a pot. You are not going to win much from him if he is bluffing your weak bet anyways. So hope he has a hand and rob him.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:54 AM

Make a normal size bet on turn (pre-flop too, espescially since this game is deep). If he wants to play back at you, then his checkraise will make a bigger pot. I think you have to 3bet the turn to inflate the pot so that you can get more money in on the river (or right now).