Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: 25/50 TT OTB vs Grimstarr

Well as Grim will want to c/r all-in on the turn with his big pair after betting the flop, your better off just raising the flop then betting to a check on the turn. At least that way, you dont let him catch up with his overs. If hes truly been pushing you around a lot, you have no choice here but to stick it all in with 100 bb's.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:24 AM

how about betting turn 2000$ and calling a push around 25% of the time randomly?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:44 AM

as played shouldnt u be callin river a large % of the time???
no matter what comes off.... that looks like a good card for grimm to bet with any two.. especially with the turn check...
Old 04-21-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty good line sub, I dont think grimm bluffs this river very often. Giving a free card on the turn isnt the greatest, but I think its better than betting against grimm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you bet the turn to induce a bluff or is it a value bet? I've never been one to really bet here with TT, but since so many others are considering it I'm curious.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:50 AM

If you bet the turn after calling flop, will Grimstarr always stack a donk you here with an overpair?

Can he do this with AK or whatever ?

... Seeing that you peel with TT and look for a safe turn, does a bet not become ok in this spot seeing as grim checks to you also?

Scott.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:02 AM

if you bet the turn it would be for value and to protect your hand. I think grimm would CR all in here with worse though some % of the time, but that depends a lot on how often grimm thinks someone is floating him on the flop. Its really hard to comment on a hand like this absent of any feel for the flow of an aggressive shorthanded game. Sometimes betting and calling an all in here feels really good, and other times you are likely better off checking and risking the free card because you'll otherwise probably get in a lot of money bad, often--or fold the best.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:09 AM

interesting hand. i think given the way you played it you should be calling river a pretty large % of time given that the ace is one of the best bluffcards in the deck. i don't even remember this hand in particular but i feel that i can show up here with 8 high just as often as AK.

depending on how much I am 3 betting I would consider 4betting TT with the button here for sure. on the turn though I think you should be betting like always. if I checkraise all in thats just a crappy spot for you but I think betting turn is necessary once you get there with an overpair
Old 04-21-2007, 11:58 AM

i don't think grim has ever bluffed half pot in his entire life. this is a bit more than half pot which is the only think that makes me even wonder... but all in all, i think this would be a pretty good fold. maybe one day grim will realize that he bets pot on bluffs and value bets like half pot with monsters, but until then he will continue losing value on monsters and/or be readable.

the awesome thing about checking the turn is you're in position and you get to see what he does on the river! i also don't mind betting the turn but to be honest, versus someone like grim, if i bet the turn it is probably with the intention of calling a check/raise. and that, yellowsub, does NOT turn your hand into a bluff. and since grim's range isn't only broadways and big pairs, but he can in fact have some low suited connector type stuff, you might actually get some value for your hand, even. but the default line here is to check.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Even without that great of reads, wouldn't it be better to save your turn bet and call a lot of rivers. If you're behind you lost roughly the same amount of money, but by checking the turn and calling the river you catch a few bluffs yourself. I feel like betting the turn just pushes grim towards the upper end of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this one
Old 04-21-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think grim has ever bluffed half pot in his entire life. this is a bit more than half pot which is the only think that makes me even wonder... but all in all, i think this would be a pretty good fold. maybe one day grim will realize that he bets pot on bluffs and value bets like half pot with monsters, but until then he will continue losing value on monsters and/or be readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Grimstarr has some "online betting tells" that result in this call/situation ,being a completely different read that other onliners have picked up on?

~sf