Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Which SF/Oak neighborhood is right for me?

I'd say Walnut Creek. Short drive to the BART station will get you to work. You can find a nice studio or 1br apt close to downtown and all the pretty white chicks at night. If that's what you're into. Go to Crogans...good peeps down there.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:33 PM

All these other posts are retarded. I live in SF and wonder what the hell the rest of the people are thinking, giving you suggestions to live in freakin' east-east bay and marin. Live in Potrero Hill (1 bedroom, ~$1600/month with ample street parking, along with plenty of restaurants and cafes; checkout the neighborhood near Connecticut and 16th) or SOMA (same as above but a little grittier).

Your best bet is Potrero Hill (very close to highway, not many homeless, nice weather) Lively neighborhood, will get you out of the house.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to Crogans...good peeps down there.

[/ QUOTE ]

crogan's = ghetto
Old 02-01-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All these other posts are retarded. I live in SF and wonder what the hell the rest of the people are thinking, giving you suggestions to live in freakin' east-east bay and marin. Live in Potrero Hill (1 bedroom, ~$1600/month with ample street parking, along with plenty of restaurants and cafes; checkout the neighborhood near Connecticut and 16th) or SOMA (same as above but a little grittier).

Your best bet is Potrero Hill (very close to highway, not many homeless, nice weather) Lively neighborhood, will get you out of the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Above is good advice.

Noe Valley may also fit the bill.

The area around Jack London Square in Oakland has some of what you're looking for in terms of restaurants and space. I'm not certain what you can expect in terms of cost but assume that you're in the ball park.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:30 AM

I throw my neighborhood into the ring - Emeryville. It's a little rough around the edges in parts, but everything is close, parking is abundant, and we have a card room. There are lots of new lofts and apartments, so finding something in your price range should be easy.

Commuting into the City is easy, by car or by BART. If you're not living in the City itself, it's the next best thing as far as I'm concerned. Feel free to PM me if I can provide more insight.

Also, I recommend www.housingmaps.com to find what's available in different parts of town. It's a great mashup of Craigslist and Google Maps.

Apoc
Old 02-02-2007, 12:59 AM

Emeryville might fit the bill, but the bart station nearest there is pretty ghetto. emery-go-round (free bus that's sponsored by the emeryville businesses) is nice, though as it will take you to the bart station from almost anywhere in the city. decent buzz with the addition of emery bay a few years ago. close to bezerkeley, but not too close. you still have to contend with the traffic on the bridge into the city on weekends, but you miss a lot of it compared to where you're living now.
go see if novartis, bayer, pixar, or one of the other big companies in the area are hiring, and you have a winner.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:19 AM

I'm sure theres places in SF that would suit your needs but Im not qualified to comment on that.

There's a lot of new development in berkeley around both downtown and ashby bart stations; both I think are awesome places to live. I'm not sure of prices but I'm thinking specifically of new and renovated buildings all the way down shattuck. Just spend a saturday walking around and write down contact info/web sites for the places that are interesting.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:07 PM

i lived in the heart of North Beach (SF) for about 3 years ending about a year ago, if you need any info on that area, please PM me. Great, great area for nightlife (restaurants, bars, etc.) and tons of cool things to do, but the rents are expensive. i know ALL about that area, so if that is one of your considerations, PM me.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crime: low fear of, but also low tolerance for degenerate types in my neighborhood
Gun: check

[/ QUOTE ]

Low fear of crime and you have a gun? I have a low fear of crime, hence I have no gun. Is your low fear of cirme because you figure your gun will solve all your problems?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:31 PM

grunch

tenderloin

hookers and blow.