Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 12:34 AM

Default Re: So what\'s the deal with these bans?

iversonian,

I'm not really sold on what you did deserved a ban - NT! at the time was as quick on the trigger as an Old West marshall - but you do strike me as the type of poster that would be perfect for BBV. Just think of retarted statements, append "aments" to the end of them, and let fly. FYI, if you want to fly under the radar initially, make sure they're no more than one line of text.

EDIT: you may also fit in with the Politics crew. Just learn how to say BUSH IS TEH SUXORS!!!1 and nobody will notice you're new.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you may also fit in with the Politics crew. Just learn how to say BUSH IS TEH SUXORS!!!1 and nobody will notice you're new.

[/ QUOTE ]
iversonian seems like a good guy, we'll take him, although I am kind of power obsessed. But learing to say BUSH IS THE SUXORS will help.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:43 AM

iron, baby,

Bush is TEH SUXORS. With proper training we'll make you a decent OOT poster yet.

Also, I meant to edit my post to say that he needs to find a way to stretch BUSH IS TEH SUXORS to at least 3000 words per post or risk getting noticed. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
iron, baby,

Bush is TEH SUXORS. With proper training we'll make you a decent OOT poster yet.

Also, I meant to edit my post to say that he needs to find a way to stretch BUSH IS TEH SUXORS to at least 3000 words per post or risk getting noticed. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where else but 2p2 is the bar set lower for judging the merits of a discussion on foreign policy than of... pissing in the shower?
Old 10-14-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was reading about people getting banned, I honestly had no idea what they were referring to. It's like they were talking about some ban-monster going around banning them for the most trifling infractions. What nonsense. And then I just got banned myself for posting something NT thought wasn't very interesting.

Are you guys serious? I realize that you chose to have a moderated forum to cull the crap, but you guys have these power obsessed kids censoring based on what they like and don't like? In the OOT forum of all places??? Geez, just let it get bumped down if nobody's reading/replying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is how OOT works, and it sucks, and maybe someday the owners will realize this. And despite what censored or NT (YOU USED TO BE COOL MAN!) says, this style of moderating takes the quality WAY DOWN. Everyone is forced to conform to very strict standards or risk being banned, and this leads to the same [censored] being repeated day after day, there's no room for anything new. Skip Brutale was one of my favorites, now he's gone because some mod didn't get his jokes. Assani Fisher will be gone soon, I'm sure, as will tuq. NT used to be one my favorites too, but the old NT is dead. Oh well, it's better I don't waste time on internet forums anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh well, it's better I don't waste time on internet forums anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have, and you will continue to do so. You folks crack me up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2006, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani Fisher will be gone soon, I'm sure, as will tuq.

[/ QUOTE ]

As if this would be a bad thing.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's the mod's attitude that got me most worked up about it, from his explanation of the ban to his post on this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - Like they give a [censored]. There's no use complaining because they just don't give a [censored]. Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with you. I just think you are mistaken in assuming that they might care what any of us think.

[ QUOTE ]
And that comment you cite, that was in a private email to the forum mods. I wonder what they'd think of that ethical breach. You've certainly shown yourself to be a class act, NT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah what is up with that? Sharing of private email and PMs really pisses me off. There is no professionalism in this at all. Get your acts together. If mods are going to share stuff on the forum that was mailed to them in private they should let every poster know that up front. "From this point on anything you send me in private, and I mean anything, will probably get posted on the board very shortly, with complete disregard to any expectations of privacy, so take that as a warning."

btw OP, Frasier rules! Who is your favorite character on the show? I always liked the dad. But Kelsey Grammer is funny as hell. His reaction to other people is priceless. I wish they were playing reruns of it here where I live.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:45 PM

Old 10-14-2006, 03:04 PM

I agree that mods should be striving to behave professionally and that includes not divulging the contents of PM's made to them or other mods/admins without approval.

If a poster has a gripe or some issue wrt the modding then I believe the mod should strive to treat that issue with respect.

Posters should have a right to question the mods or ask Q's about the modding in general without having to be concerned about being made fun of or responded to sarcastically.