Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Your forecast for the next 6 months of online poker in the US???

[ QUOTE ]
Online poker in the US will be dead within the next 4-6 months. It will come back in approximately 2-3 years licensed and regulated by the US government.

However, it will be taxed at about a 25 percent rate. This, in addition to the rake will make the game most unprofitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rake will be higher but if people can get money INTO rooms with ease the fish will come back.

On a side not if you have EVER had $10K in Neteller and did not report it you will be in jail. SO - there will be less sharks!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:54 AM

We fight above our weight [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2007, 09:04 AM

"Don't keep up with every development..." Heck, it seems you are simply not reality based. "I am forced to start planning for the worst-case scenario...." The "worst case" scenario has already occured.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly what do you think the feds are doing with the records? They are going to start cases on all of us that had funds in there for breaking the wire fraud laws.

Trust me many , if not all of use will see a letter or a court soon

[/ QUOTE ]

I just received a letter today. It was from my brother. He's doing pretty good. His girlfriend is being a pain in the butt though. The kids are fine but he had to put down the dog. Sad.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Don't keep up with every development..." Heck, it seems you are simply not reality based. "I am forced to start planning for the worst-case scenario...." The "worst case" scenario has already occured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I think the FBI coming to your front door could possibly make things worse. Or getting a letter from the iRS (using a small "i" makes them seem more like Apple) saying you owe taxes and penalties.

Things may not get worse per se but that's not to say that can't get any worse. While the OP seems a little overly concerned, your advice seems to completely trivialize his concern which is at best insensitive and at worst completely ignorant on your part (especially if it does get worse).
Old 02-09-2007, 01:05 PM

MY PREDICTION : PAIN
Old 02-09-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly what do you think the feds are doing with the records? They are going to start cases on all of us that had funds in there for breaking the wire fraud laws.

Trust me many , if not all of use will see a letter or a court soon

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a cabin up in the mountains stocked with survival supplies, don't you?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:18 PM

This is the best reply in the history of Two Plus Two.

No I will not accept a rematch with balboa, because fighting him isn't even a match. if he wants me to beat on him some more that's fine.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I think the FBI coming to your front door could possibly make things worse. Or getting a letter from the iRS (using a small "i" makes them seem more like Apple) saying you owe taxes and penalties.

Things may not get worse per se but that's not to say that can't get any worse. While the OP seems a little overly concerned, your advice seems to completely trivialize his concern which is at best insensitive and at worst completely ignorant on your part (especially if it does get worse).

[/ QUOTE ]

The FBI is not going to come to your door for playing poker.

If you've been paying your taxes like you should be then the IRS isn't going to come after you for penalties and back taxes.

If you haven't been paying your taxes then I hope the IRS does come after you because you're a dbag, but they won't.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:28 PM

OK, here is my prediction:
A (semi-) stable method of depositing and withdrawing will emerge.
Before the above, many people will blow their on line rolls figuring they may as well gamble it up since they won't be able to get their money.
The big games will cool off some as US high rollers keep more of their money in lower risk accounts (i.e. local bank accounts vice sites)
The Neteller case will gain focus and the uncertainty arround it will begin to fade (that is it will become a lot clearer how that case will shape up, making the environment under which the faciliting financial services operate less uncertain).
Grimstarr will either go busto or start playing responsibly drying up the high stakes flipament games.

Overall, I don't think this will kill on line poker, but I do think it will put a big damper on it in the short term in the US. I don't think it will make it that much less profitable for those who continue to play, but I do think everyone who keeps playing will be treating money on line as at risk (in more than just the poker variance way). In a lot of ways, I think this is what sports bettors have been living with for years, though they are always worried about sites going busto or just splitting with their money.