Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 14. 6m UTG w/ 33
Raise 7 18.92%
Call 5 13.51%
Fold 25 67.57%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for November!

[ QUOTE ]
I played live 3/6 last night for the first time. yourface was playing 6/12 at another table. I'm pretty sure that game is crushable even with the rake. I ended up down about 1BB for the night (down on table games while I waited for a seat though) thanks to some 1 and 2 outers in decently sized pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

6/12 was pretty soft too though not as extreme as 3/6. some trucker who didn't understand the mechanics of the game showed up for a while and took everyones money while buying rounds for the table. nice guy

I ended up +15 bets or so thanks to some big hands in my last round at the table. details are hazy as I had a lot to drink but aces full vs the nut flush features prominently

my buddy made 20 bets or something. ed miller has done a lot for his game but he still refuses to fold QXs KXs type hands in any position when there hasn't been a raise
Old 11-17-2007, 03:04 PM

question: I just had some goofy guy at a 1/2NL table tell me what he believed my winrates were at various levels of poker. His information sounded somewhat accurate, but was obviously only from FTP since he had me as a loser at 10/20 (which I am at FTP but winning enough at AP 10/20 that I think I'm breaking even right now). where do you find cash game winrates online for people?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played live 3/6 last night for the first time. yourface was playing 6/12 at another table. I'm pretty sure that game is crushable even with the rake. I ended up down about 1BB for the night (down on table games while I waited for a seat though) thanks to some 1 and 2 outers in decently sized pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

6/12 was pretty soft too though not as extreme as 3/6. some trucker who didn't understand the mechanics of the game showed up for a while and took everyones money while buying rounds for the table. nice guy

I ended up +15 bets or so thanks to some big hands in my last round at the table. details are hazy as I had a lot to drink but aces full vs the nut flush features prominently

my buddy made 20 bets or something. ed miller has done a lot for his game but he still refuses to fold QXs KXs type hands in any position when there hasn't been a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing Kxs last night from late position, but you can do that when everybody sees the flop. His problem might be that he will get into trouble with them post-flop though. I probably played a little too loose pre-flop last night because of the rake.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
question: I just had some goofy guy at a 1/2NL table tell me what he believed my winrates were at various levels of poker. His information sounded somewhat accurate, but was obviously only from FTP since he had me as a loser at 10/20 (which I am at FTP but winning enough at AP 10/20 that I think I'm breaking even right now). where do you find cash game winrates online for people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Data mining?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Data mining?

[/ QUOTE ]

eh maybe, but this guy didn't seem like he new that most of my hands were in limit and not no limit. Makes me think he was looking at something on a webpage and not in a PT database since I have never seen him play in any of the limit games.

are there services that datamine the games 24/7 and provide the info for people?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty common I think.
I tell somebody they need to tighten-up pre-flop and get more aggressive. Stop limping and cold-calling so much, raise more.
He's improved from his 40/10'ish days but still can't stop himself from limping A4o from UTG much less call 2 bets from the HJ with 2 players from EP already in or something silly like that.

Guys who can't resist playing Kxs from EP or MP when it's still only 1 bet doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:22 PM

I laughed...

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
mattnxtc: $25.40
UTG+1: $9
CO: $32.90
Button: $24.70
SB: $40.55
BB: $15.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) mattnxtc is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">mattnxtc raises</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">mattnxtc raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">mattnxtc bets</font>, SB calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, mattnxtc calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB
SB showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
mattnxtc mucks J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 06:37 PM

all 10/20 6max. it's getting a little scary how bad i'm running.

variance: still up a good amount on the month.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:54 PM

Why do good reads never get rewarded? - Limit is so cruel...

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, Hero folds.

Results:
Final pot: 8.75BB
CO bet 8 collected 16.65 net 8.65 shows 7h 9c
Old 11-17-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: HOT STUFF COMING THROUGH

Enough of the Posts hahaha!