Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 12:58 PM

Default 50NL-What\'s your play here with AA after he check/minraises?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $30.70
BB: $16.35
UTG: $75.60
UTG+1: $84.05
MP1: $49.25
MP2: $22.55
Hero (MP3): $47.50
CO: $49.25
BTN: $10.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $1.00</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 4 folds, MP1 calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $10.00</font>

Hero....?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 50NL-What\'s your play here with AA after he check/minraises?

Personally I'd reraise to about $25. From his preflop play it is very unlikely he has QQ, he may have 77/33 but hands like AQ,KQ,JQ are all potentially be in his range, along with JJ/TT. I think in this spot you have the best hand most of the time so reraise flop, push turn if called.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Without knowing the villian, his preflop play seems like it very well could be a low PP rather than AQ so that scares me a bit. QJ is a little more believeable, but I still think I'd want to play it cautious because I see so many villians in micro limits that use the min-raise when they have monsters.

Since we have position and there are no draws, I like to just call here. This takes advantage of our position and keeps the pot small.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:18 PM

I like calling because it doesn't scare away kq or aq or qj which you don't want to go away. If you raise big, you reduce the chance of making money from these worse hands while paying off the set nicely.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:22 PM

I would call the mini-raise and re-evaluate on the turn. If villain leads turn I would fold. If villain checks turn I would bet 1/2 - 3/4 pot. I don't see villain reraising the flop with q,x or an underpair, probably a set, AA, or KK.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM

Looks like he loves minraising. Reraise him to $20 and get him committed.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 PM

I'd bet less on the flop (1/2 pot). Call the minraise and re-evaluate on the turn. We're WA/WB. No reason to bloat the pot.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Against a known donk, shoving it in and playing for stacks might be OK.

If you're dealing with a halfway decent player though, you will just force him to play correctly, folding his TP's and calling with his sets..

Flatcalling does kind of put us in a predicament since if the villian bets and we call we are committing ourselves pretty much. But I still think this is better because the villian is committing himself too and is more likely to do this with a queen than he would if you pushed the flop.

If you're prepared to play for stacks, I would prefer flatcalling the flop and raising all-in on the turn. If villian checks the turn, then I think checking behind might be best though betting small is probably OK too since he very well might call with his queens.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:37 PM

I call this and reevaluate on the turn. TP is definitley in his range still at this point. If he bets a small enough amount I may call the turn. I probably am not calling a river bet though.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I'd reraise to about $25. From his preflop play it is very unlikely he has QQ, he may have 77/33 but hands like AQ,KQ,JQ are all potentially be in his range, along with JJ/TT. I think in this spot you have the best hand most of the time so reraise flop, push turn if called.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are so many players looking to get it so much in on the flop? We can play the turn and river as well, right?