Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Botting the NHL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
new to this site but follow hockey for years. Get in on the Penguins/Wild over at 5.5 if you can. Even 6. Both back up goalies are playing. Not sure who is gonna win but something tells me that will be a solid bet for tonight. I also took the det/edm over, and can see that beign a close game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh Harding is no joke, he is top 10 goalie in the league, will be better than Backstrom eventually if he isn't already.

Also, more importantly Demitra and Gaborik are out with strained groins, its likely to be an ugly trapfest from the Wild side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just say Harding was good? O my, you must not see much of his games? I watched him goal tend vs the oil last week and he was sivvy at best. The first 2 goals he let in would have been saved by most Junior B players. Harding sux and that is fact. To me its the biggest goalie discrepency in the league between starter and backup.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're wrong.

Minny's goalies stats are heavily correlated to having Lemaire as the coach ... there isn't a big drop off btwn starter and backup.

Don't believe it? Feel free to lookup the numbers Roloson and Fernandez put up in past years ... and who the team was more than willing to dump for picks as they cycled in younger replacements
Old 10-30-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
new to this site but follow hockey for years. Get in on the Penguins/Wild over at 5.5 if you can. Even 6. Both back up goalies are playing. Not sure who is gonna win but something tells me that will be a solid bet for tonight. I also took the det/edm over, and can see that beign a close game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh Harding is no joke, he is top 10 goalie in the league, will be better than Backstrom eventually if he isn't already.

Also, more importantly Demitra and Gaborik are out with strained groins, its likely to be an ugly trapfest from the Wild side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just say Harding was good? O my, you must not see much of his games? I watched him goal tend vs the oil last week and he was sivvy at best. The first 2 goals he let in would have been saved by most Junior B players. Harding sux and that is fact. To me its the biggest goalie discrepency in the league between starter and backup.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're wrong.

Minny's goalies stats are heavily correlated to having Lemaire as the coach ... there isn't a big drop off btwn starter and backup.

Don't believe it? Feel free to lookup the numbers Roloson and Fernandez put up in past years ... and who the team was more than willing to dump for picks as they cycled in younger replacements

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but I would add that Backstrom and Harding are more talented than either Roloson or Fernandez were.

Harding is playing right now on Versus, check him out.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 PM

Just glad Harding played so well in the 3rd so I was able to cover the over on 5 1/2 lol
Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just glad Harding played so well in the 3rd so I was able to cover the over on 5 1/2 lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Your first post was really to let us all know after the fact of a GREAT BET you made and how much you lucked out?

Thanks, we appreciate it.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 PM

MrFeelNothin,

I had U6 -110 for approx 1/8 of my bankroll. Ugh.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:26 PM

first all never said antyhing about a great bet. was only talking about how Hardy played but whatever man
Old 10-31-2007, 01:45 AM

I knew he was a fine goalie but 5.5 seemed low to me when a lot of lines were 6. Ya had the 4th best PP in the league up against harding. I liked the pick, and it barely paid off lol. Anyone like anything tomorrow ? I'm looking at the Blackhawks/Stars over 5, and the Kings Money line at -130.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:07 AM

JoshEngleman - I use an access DB for the stats, and C++ for the frontend. I think most people can get by with Excel though.

Okay...time to ATTEMPT to do my calculations as to how we're actually doing. If someone wants to run over these I'd appreciate it.

Last correct totals was posted on the 27th, 12-7(+9.32u). We went 1-2 that day, for -0.36, to put us at 13-8, +8.96.

28th we went 1-2-1, for -1.24. So we'd be at 14-10-1, and +7.72u.

29th we went 1-0 for +1.03, so 15-10-1, +8.75.

And last night we went 1-1, for .48 profit, to bring us to:

October: 16-11-1, +9.23 units.

That all correct? If someone could double check it I'd appreciate it. Sorry for all the mistakes I've been making in regard to that - you have no idea how dumb it makes me feel [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Today we'll take the Hurricanes over the Panthers, and with the Hurricanes looking bad in overtime so far this year, I'm playing Hurricanes -105 IRT.

johnofthumb - I've got that game down as even, with the slightest of edges for Kings. Wouldn't go past -102 for Kings there.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:10 AM

appreciate it bud...will consider when playing.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are going to argue that I'm way off base and I must not watch any of his games.......and then you have the balls to go on to say that your opinion of him is based off ONE GAME?!

When coolmoe disagrees with me, I know I'm right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could name 28 goalies that every GM in the league would rather have than Harding. I mean really, you think Harding is good? It's baffeling to me. Your telling me a back up, is in the top 10 goalies in the league? Are you american? I come from the land of hockey so if you are american your words really dont hold much water. If Harding played for a team like florida or tampa, he would have the highest GAA in the league...that's how bad he is. When he plays well in a game let me know, until then HARDING SUX!