Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: $60 - L1 vs a regular

It's Sklansky in the NLHE book.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM

When you are called, you will never be ahead, and you will almost always be crushed vs this villain. I'm surprised to see that that shove is +.34. But likeyou asked, is it worth it this early to take that edge?

I'd make it t240 and go from there (especially if you think he's opening as wide as you say he is), probably folding/calling his shove depending on how I feel, but I hate that too, but you can really narrow him down to the range above after that. I doubt a 16-tabling regular is going to reshove with AQ, TT unless the two of you have gotten into it with each other before.

btw, I would be 3 betting much more than this too vs this player, and after some history would *definitely* be calling his 4-bet shove.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
:S:S:S:S Just flat and stack him on A/K flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno if this is serious but I dont think any of the 16 tabling 60 regs are stacking off with worse than tptk in L1, in fact Im pretty sure none of them would esp against another solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough to fold AQ TP2K in bvb w/o losing a decent chunk at least. Also exploitable if you do it regularly.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you are called, you will never be ahead, and you will almost always be crushed vs this villain. I'm surprised to see that that shove is +.34. But likeyou asked, is it worth it this early to take that edge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that a reg is never calling here with a hand we are ahead of. I dont think its worth it to take that edge in L1 for 100 chips.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd make it t240 and go from there (especially if you think he's opening as wide as you say he is), probably folding/calling his shove depending on how I feel, but I hate that too, but you can really narrow him down to the range above after that. I doubt a 16-tabling regular is going to reshove with AQ, TT unless the two of you have gotten into it with each other before.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I liked the thoughts of this, but I think the raise makes things difficult when he calls and we whiff the flop. We have to cbet 300+ here and fold to a reraise of slowdown on the turn if he flats, and that could be spewy.

I think flatting pf might be good if he is always cbetting, that way we can just C/R A or K high flops and c/f otherwise. With us calling, he is cbetting in the 120-150 ish region I would think, and we are making more than the 100 we make if he folds to a preflop reraise , and just slightly less than we make when he calls our 240 (160 more) and folds to our flop cbet or vbet when we connect. We are also losing less the times he has us beat pf, and far less the times we whiff the flop, cbet and he connects.

[ QUOTE ]
It's tough to fold AQ TP2K in bvb w/o losing a decent chunk at least. Also exploitable if you do it regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its easier to get away from it where you are a 16 tabler and you know the villian - if John plays enough for this guy to have a decent # of hands on him and a picture that he is playing tag, it makes it easier for him to lay it down.