Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 01:11 AM

Default 25NL Queens semi deep on low card flop oop

Villain is 30/21/2.5 over 200 hands and is pretty solid. I am running like 19/16/4 this session and reraised villain like four hands ago where he folded and a shorty went all in and I showed down aces. I maybe only 3bet one other time this session.

That call leaves me clueless as to where I am. I think most villains are 4betting KK and AA when they are this deep but I guess there is a chance he flat called with KK. Should I be comfortable getting it in here or should I check fold or bet fold? I am leaning towards bet/fold. With a normal stack I am felting the turn but I think the decision here isnt so clear. Also, if I check and he checks through what is my play on the river?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($28.40)
MP ($6.63)
CO ($18.42)
Button ($44.65)
SB ($10.05)
Hero ($42.78)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.1</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls $3.60.

Flop: ($10.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($24.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ????
Old 06-01-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: 25NL Queens semi deep on low card flop oop

I have no idea why you think he has KK. Bet/raise.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 AM

I call in position with KK or AA against a lot of villains. If I bet on turn and he raises me all in there just isnt much I beat that he would be felting this deep against somebody who seems to have a tight 3bet range.

Although I would personally 4bet aces and kings everytime this deep.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:32 AM

Given the preflop action I would raise again. He raised, and then you re-raised, and he called. This limits the hands he would usually play. I would put him on any pocket pair under QQ. That would include the sets. Usually KK or AA would continue to raise preflop.

If he had JJ, TT, 99, 77 or 66 the call of your $7 raise could make sense. He may even think his JJ or TT has you beat.

I know I that I feel very strange when I am in similar situations. When someone calls a $7 bet it should be a red flag. Often after firing at the pot a second time, I sit and wait for my apponent to raise big, only to see them fold. In the majority of times you are in the above situation, you are ahead.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:05 AM

Lead again for $18. Given pot and stack sizes I don't think you can fold this if raised.

If he is aggressive or known to float and play back at people, you could CRAI here.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:08 AM

If you check to an aggroish player on this turn he's gonna bet a very high % of the time. Now it sounds stupid but the more he bets on the turn the more likely you are to have the best hand, even solid small stakes villains can't resist betting less than half pot with a monster, in this case a flopped set (now fh) or AA.

AA and KK might both 4-bet pf or raise the flop but both are obv. still possible and if he's got one of those hands he's played it well so far.

I'm checking here and seeing what he does, if he makes a 'please go away' full pot bet or a shove or something I'm getting it all in. If he checks then it's no big disaster, the only card you hate giving free cards to is AK and that seems unlikely with his flop call.

If he makes a halfish pot bet or smaller then I'd be seriously concerned about my hand, I'd probably call and see what he does on the river. I don't see how you can bet fold, there's $25 in the pot and you only have $30 left.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you check to an aggroish player on this turn he's gonna bet a very high % of the time. Now it sounds stupid but the more he bets on the turn the more likely you are to have the best hand, even solid small stakes villains can't resist betting less than half pot with a monster, in this case a flopped set (now fh) or AA.

AA and KK might both 4-bet pf or raise the flop but both are obv. still possible and if he's got one of those hands he's played it well so far.

I'm checking here and seeing what he does, if he makes a 'please go away' full pot bet or a shove or something I'm getting it all in. If he checks then it's no big disaster, the only card you hate giving free cards to is AK and that seems unlikely with his flop call.

If he makes a halfish pot bet or smaller then I'd be seriously concerned about my hand, I'd probably call and see what he does on the river. I don't see how you can bet fold, there's $25 in the pot and you only have $30 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100%
Old 06-01-2007, 03:17 AM

Yeah that one pretty much summed up my reasoning too.

I'll especially check out his detailed stats and see if his turn agression frequency is high. If it is, or I have some kind of other read that he likes to take stabs, then this is a pretty standard check for me on the turn.

Also, if he flat called KK/AA preflop, wouldn't he have raised our c-bet on this flop?

I think his most likely holding here is a lower pocket pair. A set is certainly possible given his high PFR number though. If we check here and he makes a small bet, I'm gonna be worried for sure.

If it checks through river is a pretty easy block/value bet for about $14. If raised there I think we can safely puke/fold.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:53 AM

Good stuff guys. FWIW we checked it down and villain showed AK. I like that value/block bet on the river.