Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 12:51 AM

Default Party VIP - Anyone in my profile?

Hi guys,

I'm seeing a lot of posts about the party VIP bonus these days, and some of them look decent. I haven't really been playing on party these days, as bonus money makes up a chunk of my monthly. Anyway, the reason I am posting is to sort of try and figure out if I even have a shot at getting in the VIP club. They won't tell me anything at the email address so I'm coming to my fellow 2+2ers.

Here's my profile. I play around 20 hours a week, usually 3-table the 1/2 limit HE games. I get around 8-10k hands a month played.

Anyone with similar numbers/profile on Party getting VIP offers, or am I just to low to qualify? How about people with similar profiles not getting offers? I would love to switch to Party but I'd rather not waste a month trying to get into the VIP club and not collect bonus money somewhere else just to find out I'm going to fall short.

Thanks for those with info.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Party VIP - Anyone in my profile?

you need an MGR of $1,000 or more. i have no idea what kind of MGR you're generating, because i don't play those games, but yeah, that's what you need.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:52 AM

I am pretty close to your profile, and am a Party Poker VIP, but apparently just barely.

First, do you actually play 3 tables 80/hours a month? Because this should be more than 8-10K hands...more like 15K from my experience. If you are only playing 8K at 1/2, you probably won't qualify, but if you play 15K, you probably will.

Here's how it has gone for me:
In October, I was offered admission to new VIP club, based on about 8K hands of 2/4 Limit that month. I was offered a $100 bonus for 5K raked hands in November.

In November, I played about 8K hands to complete the bonus, but mostly played 1/2 because a higher percentage of hands are raked at that level (which also may make it less profitable BTW). I completed the bonus, but had to really harass them to get it added to my account, and was then informed that I was being kicked out of the VIP Club for not playing enough.

I was told I would have to play about TRIPLE what I had done to be reinstated. In December, I switched to playing mostly 1/2 Limit 6max, and played a lot more, about 17K hands. At the end of the month, I wrote an email to Party Poker informing them I had contributed $1,500 to the rake than month, and asking to be reinstated into VIP.

Party DID reinstate me into VIP, but the offer I just received was extremely poor compared to other offers I have read about on this board....$100 for 3350 Party Points. This is a lot more PPs than I would otherwise intend to earn in two weeks, and I'm not sure if it's worth trying to complete.
BTW, I am still Blue level...I had been hoping to move up to Silver at the end of January, but didn't realize I would now have to wait until the end of March.

In short, you may be able to convince Party Poker to add you to the VIP list, but I'm not sure you'll find it worth the trouble.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you need an MGR of $1,000 or more. i have no idea what kind of MGR you're generating, because i don't play those games, but yeah, that's what you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep reading that you need at least $1000 MGR but I dont play that much and I've received 2 VIP offers. The one this month is 2030pts for $140. In December I played 74 $11 STT and 4,841 hands of limit. 3,471 of which were played at 1/2 while clearing 3 different bonuses. (PLISTING,PPA, and account specific monthly)

I think you just need to email them. That's what I did I think in November. They called me and gave me a crappy offer because I don't play to much. December I got no offer but I got a monthly bonus so I didn't mind. Now I got an offer again so who knows.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:57 AM

You probably don't play enough.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:22 PM

Ok thanks for the replies everyone, it is helpful! The 8-10k was a quick number that I had based on PT for my average Absolute Poker play, but I didn't consider a few other factors (like I play on more places than Absolute) and I'm actually averaging about 4-4.5k hands a week (so 12-14k) which is more in line with what one reply mentioned.

As an obvious low stakes player I rely a lot on bonus money to supplement my winnings so if I was to play 20/wk on Party I'd need the VIP club, but it seems even if I do get in the
offers may or may not be worth it, ugh.

Oh, in PT on the "General Info" tab, is the column for 'Total Rake' my MGR? Or how would I go about calculating that figure using PT so I can determine where I may stands in regard to the $1,000 MGR figure mentioned?

Alright, thanks again for the replies.