Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:27 AM

Default QJo from SB

.25/.50 online game, 8 handed.
CO is 30/4/1.3 over ~100 hands. Note says "str84ward postflop"

I have questions on two streets in this hand, so I'll break it up into two parts and post the second part later.

Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP folds, HJ calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop (6 players, 6 SB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, HJ folds, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, Button folds,...

What's our plan for the hand? I usually 3-bet and lead the turn about half the time (assuming it doesn't get capped behind me), and call and donk a safe turn half the time. Should I be more inclined to take one line over the other here?

And as an aside, should I be more likely to 3-bet rather then call flop/donk turn when the pot is large or when it is small? It's not big here, I'm just asking in general.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: QJo from SB

My idea is that 3-handed I prefer to call and lead safe turn. Since it's 3-handed CO may very well cap with a FD making the turn very uncomfortable. Our hand is really not that strong. If he raises the turn you have a decission to make.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:35 AM

noone likes call and c/c turn any more =(
Old 10-22-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
noone likes call and c/c turn any more =(

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't think there's much of a chance he's drawing?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:23 AM

yeah i think there is, he also has QT/9 a heap of the time so your line is fine.

it was just more of a general comment about the state of the game we play now that we are actually correct to assume a random player at .25/.50 online is gonna be raising his draw for a freecard.... off topic, just ignore me =P
Old 10-22-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i think there is, he also has QT/9 a heap of the time so your line is fine.

it was just more of a general comment about the state of the game we play now that we are actually correct to assume a random player at .25/.50 online is gonna be raising his draw for a freecard.... off topic, just ignore me =P

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, it's right on topic--you're right that I didn't even consider that line, which probably was right before my time (and sometimes still is).
Old 10-22-2007, 02:07 PM

* g *

i like to follow the flat call flop / donk turn line 75%
and reraise flop / donk turn around 25% (when a blank hits of course)

it adds deception, confuses the opponent as to whether you hit say a set with the turn card, and paves the way for future plays with better made hands in similar scenarios...
Old 10-22-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My idea is that 3-handed I prefer to call and lead safe turn. Since it's 3-handed CO may very well cap with a FD making the turn very uncomfortable. Our hand is really not that strong. If he raises the turn you have a decission to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

great point, basing your decision on the number of players... one learns something new everyday...
Old 10-22-2007, 03:01 PM

6 max I would 3 bet not sure about fr. With two between I probably raise with one between I think its a call.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:04 PM

I agree, Sushi hit the nail on the head. He also called the turn play before I posted it. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I 3-bet the flop. Now how do you guys feel about this turn decision given the 3 bet...

Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP folds, HJ calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop (6 players, 6 SB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, HJ folds, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn (2 players, 6.5 BB): 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, Hero...?

What's our line for the rest of the hand?