Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: United States votes in 51st US State!!!???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you disagreeing with? The Bush administrations intent to stay in Iraq for a prolonged period of time? Or the 51'st state crap? Or both?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 51st State was just a joke. And my comment was in reflection to what I hear the media talking about. I left The US Army about 2 years ago and even then we knew this was a new occupation. Maybe I should have had one of the "cool" posters post this for a better response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid I am too cool for this post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, mods please delete my post to save face [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Vhawk, I believe many people are of the opinion that we are going to withdraw sometime soon from Iraq. Yet, the Bush administration has for a while, installed many, expensive military bases that seem to be more than just functional strategic posts. This is indicative of the Bush administration’s intention of not leaving Iraq for a long, long , time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! General Public seems to not realize there will be an indefinite presence in Iraq. Military buddies say they are adding presence not making plans for a reduction, regardless of who becomes president.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 51st State was just a joke. And my comment was in reflection to what I hear the media talking about. I left The US Army about 2 years ago and even then we knew this was a new occupation. Maybe I should have had one of the "cool" posters post this for a better response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I know you were joking. I’m wondering what anyone is disagreeing with you about. I’m not a cool poster. I’m curious what the cool poster has to say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm definitely not a cool poster I just have no [censored] clue what the OP was talking about or why it was interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vhawk, I believe many people are of the opinion that we are going to withdraw sometime soon from Iraq. Yet, the Bush administration has for a while, installed many, expensive military bases that seem to be more than just functional strategic posts. This is indicative of the Bush administration’s intention of not leaving Iraq for a long, long , time.

Now, this seems interesting. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I didn't realize most people thought that. I thought everyone figured we'd be there for at least a decade or so.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know you were joking. I’m wondering what anyone is disagreeing with you about. I’m not a cool poster. I’m curious what the cool poster has to say.

I'm definitely not a cool poster I just have no [censored] clue what the OP was talking about or why it was interesting.

Now, this seems interesting. Am I wrong?

I guess I didn't realize most people thought that. I thought everyone figured we'd be there for at least a decade or so.

[/ QUOTE ] Ok, you're still cool, even though I'm certain people have been sold on the idea that we are going to get the hell out of there sometime soon.