Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 02:06 PM

Default A few hands I played live...

Ok, been a long time gone from poker, coming back to NL 10/20 live game (1.5/3 USD approx). 9-handed. The game is average, some weak players, some decent, lots of limping, some straddling, the weakness is mainly pre-flop.

HAND 1
I have around 2200 in the SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

4 limpers in front and I limp as well, BB checks.

Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, BB min-bets 20, one fold, CO calls (has 2500 stack), I call. BB is a bit donkish and has probably hit a single pair, CO has either top pair or Ax imo.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, I know he has [censored] now, CO bets 100 into the 160 pot, and I am now sure he has the crap straight with a lone ace, there is an off-chance it is A6 though. I decide I can take the pot here (my image is tight) and reraise, 300 on top, meaning he has to call 300 for a 660 pot. He does so, confirming imo that he has the ace.

River is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet out 800 into the 960 pot. He calls and shows an ace, before i even muck my hand people are telling him how beat he is. I muck, people are surprised. This was the first time I saw him make a calling-stationish play.

Obviously the hand was played far from well by me, where do you guys think my main mistakes were?

Later...

I have 400 (20bb). UTG straddels, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds

I have 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I know all the limpers have junk that cannot call a raise, for sure. The pot is 270, I push for 400. Button wakes up with queens, acts for ages, basically slowrolling, calls and felts me.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Overall I played badly tonight and had crappy cards to boot.

Here's a very broad question, and probably a crappy one...

You are in the CO, a very loose game preflop, 4 limpers to you. Do you limp...

1) TJs
2) 45s
3) 97s
4) 77, 88, 99, TT, JJ
5) Axs
6) Kxs

I feel like everything I learned about poker long ago was very specific, and now I am playing with far too many shades of grey, justifying things with implied odds here but not there as if at random. I need some setting straight, and some damn cards, cause this game is awful juicy if my head is in the right place.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: A few hands I played live...

Hand 1, don't bluff this scary board OOP vs donks. If the turn was a blank it'd be ok cuz you have outs. You think anyone's laying down two pair here...HE HAS TWO PAIR!

Then WTF:
"He does so (calls), confirming imo that he has the ace. "

"I bet out 800 into the 960 pot."

LOLZ at you bluffing a live player off a straight. DONT BE FANCY.

Hand 2:
Rebuy preflop. Sure, push, w/e, unlucky.

1235: Limp 70% Raise %30 player/sit dependent
4: Raise jj/TT everytime, other 70/30 raise fold.
6. limp 50 fold 50.

That's just me, tho.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:04 PM

The average player at this table isn't such a donk that he can't lay down 2 pair when there's 4 straight or the worst striaght. But you are right, and I am trying to convince myself that the play was cleverer than it was.

The table just plays really really weird. It's not exactly fully of terrible players, but they really like to speculate preflop. I'm not exactly sure how to adjust.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:55 PM

Sounds very juicy if you can not go on tilt when they make 2 pair off a silly hand against your wired A's. I say press any edge you have against them. Make them pay to play.

Is jumping right back into 10/20 NL a good move after being away from the game for a while??