Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:15 AM

Default just breaking into this internet thing

Hey ya'll,
I've played almost exclusively live in my time, anywhere from 100nl to 500nl, and random tourneys also. I've decided it's ridiculous to sit back and watch all you guys make such big bank online and not give it a go. I"ve deposited a couple times (200 once, 400 another), ran them both up to 4 figures and then just started playing big tournies and big cash games and eventually went bust.
My plan now is to deposit 500 (probably on full tilt, but i'm not sure, suggestions welcome) and start off 4-tabling 25nl. That seems like it should be enough. Also, I'm pretty good with basic ABC poker theory, even though my live game is really read dependent. I guess my quesiton is whether I can expect to make guaranteed profit playing basic TAG game--most of the microstakes posts make the fields seem pretty easy to beat yeah?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: just breaking into this internet thing

yeah...playing basic ABC Tag game is a goldmine at lower stakes. Just remember to value bet and value bet and value bet.

online plays different than live and u should spend a little time playing and getting a feel of what the norm is.

gl
Old 05-30-2007, 01:19 AM

cool. I plan to c-bet at least one street whenever it seems standard, but beyond that is there any reason to play a loose/bluffy game? Or should I just keep it hugely straightforward.
And also, my live heads up game is my best, should I play some $10 or $20 HU tourneys also?
and as far as pokertracker goes (or pokeredge or whatever) i don't really want to deal with it. Is it still a necessity at these stakes? Would it be worth playing a smaller site that isn't supported by the software?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:25 AM

I think there is a big difference between live and internet. I am playing $50NL right now online, and find it much harder than Vegas $200 NL.

You should get Poker Tracker. When you play live you get a great feel for the game and the players. You see their faces and can easily associate the players play with the player.

It is harder to do that online. Most regulars use Poker Tracker and Poker Ace, which clearly gives them an advantage over part time players. Other players will have it and use it against you.

You will also get a much greater appriciation for how you really play if you have Poker Tracker.

4 tabling 25NL is a great start, but not a life. You should leave it when you have clearly beaten it. I will guess that you will find it very hard and frustrating to begin with, but if you are a winner at $100NL and above elsewhere, you should have the skills to consistantly beat the 25NL.

Good luck
Old 05-30-2007, 02:31 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Play good, learn, play good, learn, manage bankroll, play good, learn, don't tilt, play good, etc.

Read stickies if you haven't.
Closed Thread