Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Trips with good kicker, but I\'m throwing up.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn and river bets are too weak...Weak river bet may have induced a bluff raise from villain????? Either way Absent a read I make a note, FOLD and move on....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 AM

Dude, if you're going to play the hand so weak the whole way, you need to call this river..easy, unless..he's leveling you in which case I would fold. He does have a large stack..

edit: I can see him having boated with 88 or TT..he bet the flop to protect against fd..but turns a boat and wants to suck you in...yea i think it's a fold now
Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 AM

Im saying the hand was played way too funky for it to be a full house or a better ace (turn AND river check) .Unless you have major history at the table of taking shots at pots in position with busted draws (which it looks like you are doing), i would lean towards call. If villain is playing against a relative unknown(hero) how do they do anything outside of betting river. We beat busted straight or flush draws and any ace outside of A2 A8 A10 AK AQ.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im saying the hand was played way too funky for it to be a full house or a better ace (turn AND river check) .Unless you have major history at the table of taking shots at pots in position with busted draws (which it looks like you are doing), i would lean towards call. If villain is playing against a relative unknown(hero) how do they do anything outside of betting river. We beat busted straight or flush draws and any ace outside of A2 A8 A10 AK AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

you never know how tricky donks will get with huge hands, but it is the very rare donk who will not lead the river with a boat to at least get SOME value out of it. I now think i would bet about $8 to get value from KK-JJ or a bare T and call the push expecting to see trips a goodly percentage of the time.

if he shows up with a boat, oh well