Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Interesting PLO/8 hand

Need a bit of feedback here.. can't decide if I played it right or wrong.

10c/25c PLO/8, 10 handed

3 folds
MP($22): calls
2 folds
CO($24): raises to 50c
Button folds
SB($2.50): calls
Hero($42): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls

flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
pot = $2 less the rake

SB: goes all-in for $1.50
Hero: calls
MP: calls
CO: calls

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
pot = $8

Hero: checks
MP: checks
CO: bets pot ($8)
Hero: calls???
MP: raises all-in
CO: calls
Hero: calls???

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
pot = $60 in side, $8 in main pot

Hero: bets $2
CO: calls (all-in)

Showdown:

Me and CO split the 2nd side pot with identical wheels. We each get 1/6 of the 1st side pot and main pot since MP held a Q high flush and A4 for low.

Where was the biggest mistake here? I think I may have been able to raise MP out of the pot if I had represented the nut flush with a check-raise on the turn, but he had a touch of station-itis. Maybe I should've given up the pot on the turn or to the checkraise?? I forget what CO had for high, but it wasn't much.. maybe lead the turn??

Throw on top of that the all-in player which convoluted my thought process on the flop.. maybe I should've raised there to try and isolate?? I liked my wrap/low lock way to much here but where should've I played this different?

It wasn't that bad, threw in $24 and got back about $14 but still felt stunned by this hand.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Interesting PLO/8 hand

re-shove this on flop and committ urself deeply to this hand and hope that MP re-shoves and u scoop. AP though, I think that you should be able to get away from this hand on the turn becuase it is quite clear that you are getting 1/4 of this pot @ best from now on. So all of this extra betting will end up just committting urself more to this. Remember, to this point u were in $2, i think the initial call of $8 is not terrible, but then MP puts another $12-14 on top and it looks like ur not getting anything close to ur initial investment back afer CO makes the call afterwards. Take ur $10 hit and get out of this hand.