Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Am I a Razz monkey mark II

Fairly new to the table, 1st orbit Razz.

HORSE - Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.20 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.60 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (5.60 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.60 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (9.60 BB)

Next hand:

Same scenario, seats the same as the first hand.

HORSE - Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.30 SB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.15 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.15 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (6.15 BB)

Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises

Total pot: (10.15 BB)
Old 10-02-2006, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Am I a Razz monkey mark II

why do you call the river on hand 1? this is a clear fold.

complete hand #2 coming in. rest is fine.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:32 PM

i just wanted to try and catch a bluff. ends up he did pair the 3 on 6th street and got the 9 on the river, but even so, do you think its better to fold 6th or 7th here?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just wanted to try and catch a bluff. ends up he did pair the 3 on 6th street and got the 9 on the river, but even so, do you think its better to fold 6th or 7th here?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would fold 6th. i know you want to try and catch a bluff.. but what are you actually catching the bluff with? the best you can make is a J low, and do you feel comfortable calling on the river with Q low in a pot this small?

the fact that you caught another card that he could have possibly been drawing to is one point, but he called your complete on 3rd, and was with you the whole way, so my assumption is that he has 4 to a better low with a better chance to improve. catching a bluff might be a great move when it works, but i think you lose here more than you gain by trying to outplay him, rather than make the correct decision.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:16 AM

that makes sense, either a little ahead or way behind right? I did raise 3rd and bet the whole way in a multiway pot, so how big would the pot have to be for me to take my line, if ever?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 AM

Hand 1 fold 6th. Bet on 5th is good because even though your edge is tiny at this point, if someone folds the other two of you get to chop up his equity. I would consider checking 5th if you will feel more comfortable folding 6th that way, your edge is super tiny to the point that what you each catch next is the only thing that matters in this hand really, but like I said the bet is probably good in the final analysis.

Hand two once again I think you should complete on 3rd, but otherwise I like it all. I know not completing feels like a really small mistake, and completing and getting reraised hurts with your 7 showing, but notice the guy who apparently rivered you! Make him at least make a big mistake on 3rd if he wants to run you down.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:58 PM

Fold the river in hand 1.

Never open-limp in razz.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:55 PM

its not just the pot size, razz is usually played relatively passively until you start playing higher and players use shut-out raises and position a little more. concentrate on making good decisions always, and pot size will alter those decisions.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:26 AM

Anyone not like 4th street in hand #1? I am torn, but i think I play that street the same. 6th street sucks but thats been established.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2006, 01:29 AM

You think maybe 44 has A2 or A3 underneath? It would never occur to me to not bet fourth.