Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: LA and Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is all done in a chronological fashion with times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. Definitely an actuary. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(Then again, having passed 2 exams, nearly 3, myself, who am I to say anything?)

[/ QUOTE ]

How was the 2nd exam? I heard it's easier than the 1st, but I had next to no knowledge of financial mathematics. Heck, I didn't even know what a a bond was or what "amortization" meant last month. Any advice?

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure...that was the first exam I took, because 'Theory of Interest' was the introductory act sci class where I went to college, so amortization and such was the first thing I learned. Plus, I hear the exam I took (May 2005) was ridiculously easy for FM.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: LA and Vegas (Very long. Part 4 of 4) [w/ cliff note

good job running well.

nice trip report. B buffet wasnt worth it? standard nothing special?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good job running well.

nice trip report. B buffet wasnt worth it? standard nothing special?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a lot of everything. Cold king crab legs if you like them (I don't). Also Sushi, and other things, some fancy. Good desserts at the end. Was disappointed by no lobster.

I just didn't feel the value was there for $35+tax+tip I paid. I'm sure different people will say different things about it. Make it $20 or maybe $25, and I'd probably go again. I heard lunch is a better deal.

Garland
Old 10-21-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in front of the cashier right next to the Salon room. I saw Bob Bright inside playing, and around 4:30PM or so, in came Gabe to the cashier right in front of me to get chips for the game, and then he said “hi” to one of the players on our table and then exited for the big game in the Salon room.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny little anecdote related to this - apparently their staff also refers to the area just outside of that room as the Salon as well... and when I was playing 5/10 there during the WSOP, they tell some lady that the 5/10 game is in the Salon... so... that's where she goes, and walks up to a table of $50/100 or $100/200 NL (I forget exactly) filled with the likes of Phil Laak, Joe Hachem, David Williams, and several other famous people (Antonio Esfandiari and Gabe Thaler I think, although I'm not quite sure anymore).