Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 12:28 AM

Default two more razz hands

Villian in this hand is new to the table.

HORSE - Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.30 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.65 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.65 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.65 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (7.65 BB)

Villian in this hand is solid/aggressive.

HORSE - Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.30 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (5.15 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (7.15 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (9.15 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (11.15 BB)
Old 10-05-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Re: two more razz hands

btw, i thought the villian in hand 2 most likely paired an ace on 5th street, that is why i continued with the hand.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:58 AM

I would have raised 3rd, to get a threebet and drive the nine out.

I would have threebet 4th, for the same reason, get more money from the nine.

With that, I would call down. As it is, I still probably call down but hate it.

edit: hand 2, of course
Old 10-05-2006, 05:50 AM

Hand 1:
You may have missed a very thin value bet if your opponent would call on the end with a 10-low, but the math is more than I feel like doing to be sure. There is some value in checking and ensuring that you see what your opponent had.

Hand 2: I probably wait to raise until fourth, and I definitely three-bet if I go for the jam.

Villain could have started with any decent three-card low, so I think you may be too optimistic about pairing his ace. You may be right, but you should probably go through the math to see whether or not you were really justified.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:09 AM

Hand 1: I say bet in 7th but a check is reasonable here.

Hand 2: I am folding on 5th street here. The average hand you are looking at getting is an 8 low. With his raise on 5th I could give him credit with a made 6 or 7 (even 8). Not worth chasing for 2 big bets which still may get you the second best hand if you hit.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:12 AM

Hand 1 is perfect on every street.

Check/call fourth in Hand 2. Fold fifth and sixth.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:03 PM

With 2 threes a six and seven dead I'd actually fold 3rd in the second hand.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:20 PM

In both these hands the liveness of the cards you need is not optimal. Not saying I'd fold either right away, but I wouldn't be looking to make the pot huge yet, that's for sure.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With 2 threes a six and seven dead I'd actually fold 3rd in the second hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would consider folding, but the nine calling ahead of us makes me interested in seeing one more card. Make that nine a smaller card, and I would lean towards folding.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:36 PM

Considering the other guy's willingness to call, I would be tempted to value-bet the river on the first hand. His call on fifth is pretty atrocious.

On the second hand, fold third. A solid player raising from early position is going to have a better hand than yours, and some of the cards you need are gone. Fifth is a definite fold. Even if the Ace paired him, he's probably still the favorite. If you know the Ace paired him, then you have odds to continue, of course, but most of the time you're going to be drawing mighty slim.