Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Stars 1/2 - AA 3 way vs a lot of action

Bottom line in a preflop capped pot slowing down because a flush holding of diamonds hits the turn is costing you money more often than it is saving you bets to lose.

It is imperative to forget about protecting losses when you hold AA until you get a lot of information from your opponents that you are beat.

This isn't the case here. Why would you give them an opportunity to catch up and hit another diamond if they are holding the case Ace?

If you are afraid of a set well it doesn't matter you are beat anyways, if they have a set they misplayed it so you already saved money. Unless you plan on folding to a bet never slow down in this sitation.

Max your winnings with AA as much as possible. Unless you plan on being tricky and check raising the turn. But the K being the flush card kind of kills that trick with a capped preflop.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:58 AM

Looks good to me. Nice hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Smurph thinks i'm an idiot who should be playing .05/.1, so I don't know why he's even bothering giving me advice when he already wrote 2 1000 word posts about how my game is absolutely terrible and there's no reason even asking advice.

But anyway, why do i want to lead here? If it goes bet/raise behind me I save money if i don't bet. If i bet and it's raised, unless i'm bet/folding i'm just putting more money in the pot where if i'm not behind now a ton of cards kill my hand. I'm almost sure someone will bet anyway, and i would rather see the river for 1 bet than 2, especially because the diamond kills my hand if i'm not beat already.

Maybe i'm just awful, but i really don't see how leading that turn is good.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:26 PM

I think I stated it pretty clearly. The pot is capped preflop, that changes what people play with usually. A 3 flush board, especially when one is a king isn't soemthing to concern myself with. Sure crap happens and someone may have hit, but they don't more than enough times to justify betting the turn.

If you think he has KK then sure a mubs check makes sense.

For me I don't play AA other than to win big or lose big. To play them any other way when they win ~80% of the time and hold up at showdown 70% of the time really doesn't make sense unless someone demonstrates they have a better hand.

Checking the turn and then someone betting does nothing to demonstrate they have a better hand.

If they reraise then sure fold if you think you are beat. I have folded AA. Many people can't so they want to go to showdown and call down.

I have lost 10 bb on AA hands, I have lost 9 and 8.5 a number of times. I still win on avg 2.72bb/hand with it. That may be a bit low but its not really a leak I am concerned with by starting to play conservatively everytime someone may outdraw me.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:51 PM

I'm not saying I don't play AA strong. However, i see a lot of good players raising AA on every street at every opportunity. I don't think this is necessarily a good thing.

Several posters said standard, good hand, then Smurph says i played it dead wrong. I'm wondering if anyone has any other advice on this.

Smurph, i was wondering what site/limits you play. I know you play higher than me, i'm just wondering if maybe the games play different. It could be that i just suck, i have no idea. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm getting such conflicting advice.