Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Final table frustrations. Playing small stacks and stealing...

I am posting this because I want to hear other players opinions on this. This is not results oriented at all. In the past week I have made 4 final tables. Each time I have busted between 6-9. I feel im having blow ups. Or are these good spots? Also, I do realize the importance of having a big stack, but sometimes you just don't have that luxory. Just a few nights ago I watched PearlJammed play his short stack perfectly for so long and then finally getting lucky a few times and winning the $33rebuy. So, this is something that I need to work on.

Im sorry I don't have HH's available since im at work.

Last night, UB $33 rebuy. 7 players left. I have 68K. Blinds are 4k/8k a-600. me and 3 other stacks are about equal and the rest are much bigger. I get A2s UTG+2 and open push. Is this a standard push? Am I too early to push such a weak A? Sure my M is getting low, but I still want to be in position to give myself a chance to win yet don't want to do something stupid either.

I can't remember the other hands. But this is the nature of it. I feel myself pushing hands that are very mediocre just because I get a chance to open. I would appreciate any input, advice or tips that people can share with this.