Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Default is there a standard line for WAWB oop?

as a limit player, the c/c, c/c, b/f line was a very reliably profitable play. not sure i like it so much in NL though...

here's the hand:

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $188.15
UTG+1: $33.80
CO: $117.80
Button: $70.85
SB: $108
Hero: $92.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $3.5</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($17.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $12</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($41.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20</font>.

villain was 37/25. i can't fold this PF can i? i've got to have the best hand (by far) a good majority of the time. and even though that's true, do i really want to reraise and make a big pot OOP with this hand? ugh.

on the flop, do i bet out and take down a small pot if i'm ahead (planning to fold to a raise)? or do i check so worse hands can bet?

if they do bet, and i call, do i want to lead out on the turn and take it down now? or should i wait and see what he does? if i check and he puts out a big bet, should i fold? should i just call a bet of 1/2 the pot or less (or should i c/r)?

what if it checks through...should i bet the river? do i have a value bet here with a 10 kicker?

if he bets the turn and i call, should i be leading this river? should i be calling a river bet?

ugh i miss limit where i knew wtf i was doing lol.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: is there a standard line for WAWB oop?

Is the river a value bet? Im not sure there's is that much he calls with that you beat.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the river a value bet? Im not sure there's is that much he calls with that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

true. in limit, i would get called by all sorts of middle pair hands because the line confused them into believing i didn't have the A. i guess i probably won't get calls like that for 1/2 the pot on the river in NL. but that leaves me feeling like such a pansy...c/c, c/c, c/c is going to be my default line for WAWB oop? lol
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM

flop and turn are fine.

c/c &gt; b/f on the river IMO
Old 01-10-2007, 12:08 PM

fold preflop b/c you hit the flop for your hand and you have no idea whether it is good or not. Also fold preflop b/c you are oop. As played the only way villain is calling you is if you are beat unless they are totally retarded.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 PM

For me it's generally c/c, c\c, c\c, evaluating after every street and folding to large bets when I think I'm beat. On really wet boards I may go for a big c/r on the turn, but usually with something quite strong like AA.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:13 PM

I wouldnt say you have to call down all the way. Usually my line is check call flop check turn and bet river if teh turn is checked through.

Though if you are going to just call (i dont love it) preflop then you could also raise his cbet on the flop (also gives credit for when you do it with non top pair hands)

I think an argument for a bet, call or raise preflop can be made depending on your read. Like if you know a reraise will pick up the pot a large percentage then I like this.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:14 PM

For me it's generally c/c, c\c, c\c, but evaluating his turn and river bets and folding to large bets when I think I'm beat. On really wet boards I may go for a big c/r on the turn, but usually with something quite strong like AA.

Edit: But I'll either fold or rr this preflop.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:15 PM

There is nothing wrong with folding this pre-flop, position is sooo much more important in NL than limit, even though your ahead of his range there are 3 streets to go, if your ahead your likely to play a small pot, if your behind your likely to play a big pot and if you both miss its likely to go to villain.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop b/c you hit the flop for your hand and you have no idea whether it is good or not. Also fold preflop b/c you are oop. As played the only way villain is calling you is if you are beat unless they are totally retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

advice = goot!