Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 02:46 AM

Default T9s in BB, HU

I'm sure this is basic for most of you. Just please let me know the standard line for this hand.

10-20 in AC.

CO is a regular. I'm pretty sure that he's a winner in the game, but not 100% sure. He has seemed kind of laggy at times, but he always seems to have a lot of chips. Today we've been playing for about 30 minutes and all I've seen him do is raise preflop with TT, bet through the hand, and win.

He probably thinks I'm tight and play straightforwardly.

Folded to CO who raises. I call in the BB with T9s (clubs). Flop is T64, 2 spades 1 diamond. I CR, he calls. Turn is 6 of hearts. I bet, he raises, I call. River is 2 of heart. I check/call. He shows QQ. It felt stupid.

I'd appreciate comments on any/all streets.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:57 AM

Default Re: T9s in BB, HU

I'd probably fold to the turn raise. Especially since it's live, even if he is a little laggy. And actually, with that in mind, he could easily have a 6 in his opening range from CO.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:58 AM

However, next time don't tell us what he had yet. Who knows if I'd have said the same thing or not.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River is 2 of heart. I check/call. He shows QQ. It felt stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it happens. but when a tight/solid player pops you on the turn in this situation, putting him on an overpair is usually the safe play and you should act accordingly (check/folding the river). especially at mid limit games where you'll see a lot less bs.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
putting him on an overpair is usually the safe play and you should act accordingly (check/folding the river)

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
putting him on an overpair is usually the safe play and you should act accordingly (check/folding the river)

[/ QUOTE ]

Either fold the turn or call the river, especially when a blank falls. He's either got you beat and you've got two outs (or three if he has bigger tens), or he's making a turn move perhaps with a flush draw. I think calling the turn and folding the river makes no sense.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either fold the turn or call the river, especially when a blank falls. He's either got you beat and you've got two outs (or three if he has bigger tens), or he's making a turn move perhaps with a flush draw. I think calling the turn and folding the river makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising for free showdown with overs, and there's also these things called outs.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:59 AM

i think folding on the turn is exploitable if he's got any kind of brain.. but if he's a b&m nit then folding to a turn raise is ok.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there's also these things called outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the sixes paired, you lost three outs, unless he had tens with you, in which case you only ever had three outs. Best case scenario: you're getting 7 to 1 on a 14 to 1 shot. More likely you're 22 to 1. So you're not drawing here.

On the river, you're getting 9 to 1. If he raises the turn with overs, does he never bluff the end? Not even 10%? And if you do fold here, now he can bluff the end in the future against you.

I really think folding the end here is one of those "great folds" which allows other players to take advantage of you.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:56 PM

Unless you know for sure he's a habitual "free showdown" spewer, this is avery easy fold on turn, especially at this limit. Pot is small and you have few outs. Even if he's decent and its a higher limit, its still a fold on the river.