Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Look at the trouble I get myself into

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think your plan to randomly bluffraise just about any river kinda sucks.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. game theory yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someday I'll actually teach Chris that "game theory" is not a euphemism for "trying to win every pot."
Old 11-25-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
becuz if he is a good postflop player, hes probably not even betting a "bet/folding" hand versus you, with those hands he'd probably check/call vs you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this specifically because he is afraid that DeathDonkey will bluffraise too much? Otherwise I don't understand this statement.

Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 11-25-2006, 06:03 PM

your line smells like BS and he knows it and now you made your bed and you have to sleep in it. i'd fold.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:29 PM

Lol this hand is such a spew. Wish I could have found a hand to post that involves this weird river dynamic without me having played the rest of the hand like crap. My point was that his river 3 bet is really strange, I mean is he really going to reraise QJ here? Isn't his range like: straights, sets, hands I beat that are making an elaborate bluff, hands I don't beat that think they are now making an elaborate bluff (like Jx). Anyway yeah the hand sucks but it was just an interesting thing on the river where I felt he was a good player and I raise the most blankiest blank of river cards ever and he pauses to consider for a longggg time online and then goes ahead and 3 bets. Maybe he was just thinking if it was a thin 3 bet with two pair?

I folded so we won't know but it was weird. Shoulda just called.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-25-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol this hand is such a spew. Wish I could have found a hand to post that involves this weird river dynamic without me having played the rest of the hand like crap. My point was that his river 3 bet is really strange, I mean is he really going to reraise QJ here? Isn't his range like: straights, sets, hands I beat that are making an elaborate bluff, hands I don't beat that think they are now making an elaborate bluff (like Jx). Anyway yeah the hand sucks but it was just an interesting thing on the river where I felt he was a good player and I raise the most blankiest blank of river cards ever and he pauses to consider for a longggg time online and then goes ahead and 3 bets. Maybe he was just thinking if it was a thin 3 bet with two pair?

I folded so we won't know but it was weird. Shoulda just called.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

from his perspective, what do you have that you play this way?
Old 11-25-2006, 06:48 PM

222? This hand is baddddddddd. Let it die plz [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-25-2006, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect a monster or a very weak hand. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just keep calling then.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
becuz if he is a good postflop player, hes probably not even betting a "bet/folding" hand versus you, with those hands he'd probably check/call vs you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this specifically because he is afraid that DeathDonkey will bluffraise too much? Otherwise I don't understand this statement.

Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how deathdonkey plays, but I would assume hes a tough aggressive winning player, and I am making the assumption (which may not be warranted) that the villain knows this. I made this assumption becuz good postflop players cannot play that well postflop without paying close attention and using reads to help guide their play.

I think based on the texture of this board and the way this hand has played out, specifically the way Deathdonkey has played his hand, basically representing a passively played showdown-bound hand...The villain is going to have a hand when he bets the river, and if he plays well postflop, I dont think hes going to be bet/folding a better hand on this river versus an aggressive player like Deathdonkey.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:52 AM

what would be sick is if villian had pocket 2's.

okay dude, calm down and just fold.