Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Am I crazy for even thinking about raising in this spot!!

[ QUOTE ]
"why not fold the flop?"

because he should draw to his straight. but the only right play on the turn is to fold. (note: this thread is entirely irrelevant if hero doesnt actually read hands as accurately as he claims to, but argiung that point is silly).

[/ QUOTE ]

The river paired the ten giving me kings full and UTG lead out. I meekly called as did everyone else. UTG showed his AA for aces full. The final hands were aces full, kings full, jacks full, and two players had flushes. I did not 3-bang the turn of course(that was a split second thought) but after the hand the decent tight MP(who I play with often) said UTG almost folded the turn to the initail raise which got me thinking that maybe UTG would have let it go when faced with two and I shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss the re-raise option.

I agree that folding was my best option. If nothing else when UTG leads out on the river my hand should have hit the muck because any little doubt that I may have been clinging to was now erased.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that folding was my best option. If nothing else when UTG leads out on the river my hand should have hit the muck because any little doubt that I may have been clinging to was now erased.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can't call the river, your turn play is terrible. if you can call the turn, folding the river would be criminal.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can't call the river, your turn play is terrible. if you can call the turn, folding the river would be criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete I'm not trying to say I should be calling the turn and folding the river. The turn is a fold period. One error lead to another because as my read went from 90% on the turn, to 98% on the river the pot had grown to the 30BB mark. I think you would agree I'm committed for one BB at that point
Old 11-24-2006, 11:37 PM

"One error lead to another... Pete I'm not trying to say I should be calling the turn and folding the river. ...
I think you would agree I'm committed for one BB at that point ..."

youre contradicting yourself. youre clinging for dear life to mediocrity. no one here will let you do that friend. let it go.

there's no rule that says once you misplay one street all is lost and you need to hold onto that bad read until the bitter end. there's great healing of tilt in playing a hand horridly up until a certain street and then suddenly realising mid-hand youve been wrong and playing it correctly.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:07 AM

yeah, no offense but your entire post was extremely results oreintened from start to finish. basically, you told us exacly what utg had and the asked us to justify misplaying the hand b/c you were only "90%" sure you were beaten. if you're gonna add such descriptive stats to your post, don't be surprised when people are telling you to fold
Old 11-25-2006, 08:13 AM

mr pink,

i like your hot dogs
Old 11-25-2006, 11:21 PM

This post and most replys give a me a headache.