Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Beat: I sort of won and lost $1,562,239 in 18 hours

Wouldn't the obvious play be to cashout your $20,000 and then a couple days later play some high stakes and try to withdraw another high amount. I would definately take my $20k out first then screw around and hope to get lucky and be able to play/withdraw/dump the rest.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't the obvious play be to cashout your $20,000 and then

[/ QUOTE ]

Something tells me even then they'll notice your bankroll being HUGE BIG
Old 11-23-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't the obvious play be to cashout your $20,000 and then a couple days later play some high stakes and try to withdraw another high amount. I would definitely take my $20k out first then screw around and hope to get lucky and be able to play/withdraw/dump the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the right move would be to try and get your 20k back as fast as possible and try to freeroll the rest into something they might let you keep.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:11 PM

OP,

this didn't happen.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:11 PM

beedog it, i wouldve just played the highest stakes i could before notifying them just to have fun

[/ QUOTE ]

how the [censored] did get to say [censored]?
Old 11-23-2006, 02:12 PM

I don't know whether to believe you or not. But the fact that this is your first post makes you a lot less credible.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know whether to believe you or not. But the fact that this is your first post makes you a lot less credible.

[/ QUOTE ]

He posted his second post under his real account.

It remained in the thread for just a minute before he deleted it and posted again under the second account, but I saw it.

Whether that makes him more or less credible, I dunno
Old 11-23-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First post. Thought this was post worthy, maybe not.

So I was playing poker Tuesday night. Signed out of my account with 20k or so account balance. Two hours later I signed back in...I thought it said I had $15,622 left in my account. I was mad. I looked again and I realized I read it wrong and that it was $1,562,239 exactly. I was thinking that there was a major computer glitch...and crossing my fingers that I hit some kind of jackpot. I had received no email from the poker site. I decided to wait until morning to see if it was still there. Eight hours later...still there...still no email or anything at all from the poker site. At this point I figured I had 2 options.

1. I could notify the site and ask what's going on and hope that the money is mine.

2. I could cash out the money, or play with it...and wait for them to notice.

I opted for choice number one. They said it was an error and they took everything out of the account but what I had had in there. I don't think they even realized anything was missing and I have yet to receive any sort of an email in regards to whose money it was and how it got in my account.

Did I make the right move? I'm sort of amazed by all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you stopped playing, got drunk, signed back in and since your idiocy could not be controlled at this point read the play money balance as your real one, and were messed up on the digits because you were a little drunk and it wasn't what you thought it should be. You idiotically notify everyone of your crazy play money roll. You wake up in the morning sober and see your real balance and assume the site fixed things, then feel dumb when you notice your play money balance of 1.5 mil. To make yourself feel better you embellish the story a little bit and attention whore yourself out to BBV.

NH
Old 11-23-2006, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. i would have left it for a while then cashed out a sick amount to neteller.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:29 PM

I still have proof that this happened. I will post it. But first I want to know is what are my options now? I assume they're legally allowed to take however much money out of my account whenever especially if it was placed there by mistake?

All non believers pretend this happened and see later that it did. I guess I'm dumb??