Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Scared of death

Pretty good discussion going on here. I think we all have these sorts of thoughts, and, while our mortality isn't maybe the warmest thought that can cross our minds, we all know it'll happen to all of us one day.

I remember thinking constantly about death since I was around 14-15. For the longest time, I thought in terms of how much time I had left. To be honest, during some quiet times, I still do.

With life experience, I have dealt with death on a few occasions, as we all do. The most disturbing was the suicide of a friend. Nothing hits home like when one of your peer group dies (to clarify, my parents are thankfully both still with us, so I haven't experienced that)

Like you, I think once it's over, it's all over. I don't think I'll be coming back in any way, shape or form. I don't think there is any particular point or meaning to life - I think we're all here to spend our brief moment. To that end, I try to enjoy life for what it is - a whole bunch of relative monotony, interrupted by flashes of excitement, joy, and sadness.

I'm in my thirties. I could swear it was just yesterday I was that frightened 15 year old.

Earlier today, I blew bubbles with my daughter. We watched and listened to the geese as they started their journey south. Then we played in the leaves as we raked.

It was a good day.

Can't wait for tomorrow!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:54 AM

Something that is even more intriguing to think about is if the human race is a disease/virus or not? Think about it; our species natural instincts are to procreate and protect our species. And then what do we do?

Destroy the planet that sustains our life and anything that is weaker than us. If something gets in our way, we develop technology (or/and evolve) to be able to destroy it. Even things we have always had control over we have developed a more efficient way of doing so.

Think about how a virus works (AIDS for instance) then think about the human race. Are you ever going to be happy to be alive again? Are you going to have kids and contribute to the virus? Are you going to kill people because you are sick of it spreading?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Something that is even more intriguing to think about is if the human race is a disease/virus or not? Think about it; our species natural instincts are to procreate and protect our species. And then what do we do?

Destroy the planet that sustains our life and anything that is weaker than us. If something gets in our way, we develop technology (or/and evolve) to be able to destroy it. Even things we have always had control over we have developed a more efficient way of doing so.

Think about how a virus works (AIDS for instance) then think about the human race. Are you ever going to be happy to be alive again? Are you going to have kids and contribute to the virus? Are you going to kill people because you are sick of it spreading?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah dude, we've all seen the matrix already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]