Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Gingrich: Republicans need \"clean break\" from Bush

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like it or not I think US voters are ready for the "pendulum" to start swinging back to the left. The voters in the US will tire of that too and it will swing back to the right eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too.

[ QUOTE ]
In several ways the Republicans have mismanaged their mandate.

[/ QUOTE ]

And quite significantly.

[ QUOTE ]
To believe that there aren't special interests that will benefit from Democratic control of government is being silly. One example of special interest will be the ethanol lobby. It seems like energy costs aren't a major political issue at this point. I'm amazed by that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does seem surprising. If and as the price of oil continues its ascent, I would guess we'll see energy costs moving more to the fore in politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

It hit $82 a barrel today I believe. I said to buy oil company stocks with both fists when the Democrats won control of Congress. Oil was around $60 then. I knew there wasn't a thing that Congress would do to increase supply. Evreything I read that the Democrats propose translates to higher oil prices. Higher CAFE standards might be argued but they're so weak that they'll have little effect. Anyway I'm not ready to start driving a beer can around town or pay 2 times the price I'm paying now for a car.