Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Iso raising in loose games

I have been thinking about this recently. If you are in a 5max game and all four players you play against are loose ( they could be lags or laps ) with vpips over 40% what range of hand do A,7o and better but it seems that in this kind of game my raises get called in blinds and I end up four handed on the flop very often.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Iso raising in loose games

[ QUOTE ]
I have been thinking about this recently. If you are in a 5max game and all four players you play against are loose ( they could be lags or laps ) with vpips over 40% what range of hand do A,7o and better but it seems that in this kind of game my raises get called in blinds and I end up four handed on the flop very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

english only plz
Old 10-07-2007, 07:52 AM

LOL When I posted this I was multitabling so probably half of my words ended in the chat box.

Anyways here is the complete post.

[b]I have been thinking about this recently. If you are in a 5max game and all four players you play against are loose ( they could be lags or laps ) with vpips over 40% what range of hands do you isolate with?????
By a general rule I iso raise A,7o - A,5s and better but it seems that in this kind of game my raises get called in blinds and I end up four handed on the flop very often. [b]
Old 10-07-2007, 08:00 AM

Although you do have a small equity edge with these hands getting 4 way with A5s or A7 that edge is pretty small. Around 27% equity at best by my calculations.

But as a general rule isolating with marginal hands is all well and good as long as you do actually manage to get the isolating part right. If the blinds, and even worse, the button are routinely coming along then you need to tighten up somewhat.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:09 AM

Yeah that's the point actually I don't "isolate" with those hands since the blinds call me down. Should I tighten up and iso raise A,9o-A-7s or higher???