Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Neteller hacked...

Hi... I post here under a different name but didn't want to give any more detail away than necessary, hence the anonymous account.

Not sure BBV is the best place for a serious response but it is a definate beat.

Ok.. I came down today to see if my withdrawl from Hollywood Poker had came through and it had, so my balance should have been c.$1000 only it wasn't.. it was like $4. WTF? At 4am this morning some scumfuck has withdrew $1000 from Neteller (basically all but pennnies so they must have had access to the account to know the balance or had a really lucky guess) to MY Victor Chandler account (which I havent used in over a year) and bet $100 on a soccer game and then they have tried to withdraw the rest BACK to Neteller. There was also about 5 attempts to DEPOSIT money to my Neteller account from a credit card from the last week or so which were all declined by Neteller for some reason. Again, WTF? I spoke to the guys at VC who said that based on this it is very likely that it is someone I know rather than some [censored] from the other side of the world but I am 99% sure that nobody else that I know knows these details as they are only kept written down somewhere where no one would look for them at home.

So I got VC to cancel the bet and block my account and send all of the money back to Neteller while they investigate (which was fortunate) and Neteller are contacting me when Security opens in a couple of hours. However, I am 99% sure that this is a hack rather than someone getting hold of my details in real life.

So far I have changed all of my email, neteller and poker site passwords off a different PC in case it is keylogging/ trojan software and emailed the only other site I have money on to be aware of possible chip dumping and block my account if needs be.

This is really [censored] and I've always been pretty careful so far, so what do I need to do here? Any serious advice much appreciated.

Please keep typical BBV responses to a minimum please.

Cheers.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Neteller hacked...

It really,really sounds like its someone you know. I think you're in for a surprise if you find out who did it.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 AM

Actually it does sound like its someone you know. Because your account will be locked if you try to access your account from another ip than the one you opened your account from.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 AM

Do you have kids?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 AM

Does Neteller have the Credit Card Information?
Go and ask the Live Support and try to get the CC#
Maybe you get over this way the Name of the Hacker
Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 AM

I think thats not exactly true. They automaticlly lock the account if you try to access the account from outside the country you normally try to access it. So you cant do anything before you talk to them and they open it up again.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and Neteller are contacting me when Security opens in a couple of weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 AM

Yeh I tried to access Neteller from abroad once before and they locked it and I had to contact them to reopen it, so I think you could be right about not being from abroad.

Also VC is a big gaming site in the UK so it could well be someone local. Its just that it's soo unlikely that it could be someone I know as no-one really gambles or knwos my acocunt numbers. Also, I dont have any kids so thats a no go. Could it be possible that someone has got into my pc and moved the mouse about and logged into VC from there and made a lucky guess with what they could withdraw? VC also said they would have to have entered the Neteller details again to depsoit which means they must have hacked Neteller.

What is really perplexing me though is that someone has tried to DEPOSIT to the account its like it could be a mix up or something odd like that. I also tried to get ip or cc details from Neteller CS but they weren't giving anything away.

Sorry if im rambling I'm just angry and upset.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:09 AM

About the locking of account.

Yesterday i tried to access my account from work and still got my account locked so you dont have to be abroad to do it. And to access your computer to move your mouse around is a nogo aswell because you need to let them do that..

I still thinks its either a mixup from Neteller or someone you know.