Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Re: catching up with dexter

El D,

We'll have to see how it continues throughout the season. If it just fades away, then it was obviously a waste. If we see Doakes doing more and more questionable things, it could be a pretty cool storyline. Plus, I'm glad Angel is getting more of a role. If this storyline means more David Zayas, I'm for it.

There's a decent amount of Oz alumni on this show, which is always a plus in my book. Zayas, Lauren Velez (Laguerta), and Erik King (Doakes) all had roles on Oz.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:03 PM

the show could still learn a thing or two from david caruso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948
Old 11-29-2006, 02:08 PM

lol, awesome. Wonder if Caruso loves saying those lines or reads the script and consoles himself by picking up a couple hookers and rolling around in his money.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, awesome. Wonder if Caruso loves saying those lines or reads the script and consoles himself by picking up a couple hookers and rolling around in his money.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know Caruso. He is a VERY funny guy.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:29 PM

I don't think Dexter will kill her husband. Atleast not in season 1.

If he does something like steal the children I could see it happening but I think they are just using the husband for a point of contention and as a time filler.

Just to throw something out there I think the chick who plays Debra sucks at acting and should see her screen time decrease. I would say she is the weakest of the lead actors.

Still I love this show and would place it as my favorite new show of the season and into my top 5 for current shows.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:40 PM

For anyone who needs to catch up:

http://www.yourtvlinks.com/dexter.html
Old 11-30-2006, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I dunno, maybe I'll try and rewatch Ep 8. I can't put my finger on it, it just didn't seem to flow right for me.

I am really looking forward to Dexter gutting her husband. When do we think that's happening?

What did you think of the whole special ops murder subplot in last ep? I thought it was unnecessary and took away from the ep.

[/ QUOTE ]
My wife and I have watched every episode. Somewhere around Ep 6, I said to her, "The doctor guy is the ice truck killer"(hereafter ITK), so I'm pretty cool, obv.

Anyways, the fact that the poser guy freaked out when he saw the head I though twas really weak, considering this guy thought nothing of tying and beating up a hooker just to make himself look more like the ITK. I know a head is a completely different thing, but I don't know that even I would freak out about it as much as he did. I didn't ring true for me, as much of this series doesn't.

I deem Dexter doesn't do the deed due dirty dabaucherous [censored]-ex, although he'd like to, as he'd be a prime suspect, but ITK does it as a "favor" to Dex.

They can never seem to figure out whether they want dex's sister to be a 14 y/o girl, a hard-ass, a mental case, a titmouse, a sex fiend, a complete potty mouth, or an intelligent cop. They ramped up the potty-mouth again Ep9, she musta been skewing too titmouse. The Ep9 scene where she loses it about Dex checking the DNA and Tox screen on dad was COMPLETELY out of left field.

The spec ops subplot sucked. How did Doakes fire first, kill the guy with the shot, and he still gets a shot off? Pretty implausible. It seemed implied a bit that he may have planted the gun, but if not, the guy HAD a gun, there not much can be said; if I'm a cop, and a guy has a gun and is facing me with it in his hand, he's getting shot, period. They didn't flesh it out NEAR properly, and Doakes is so one-dimensional that even the sympathectic scenes with him are hollow. My wife asked, "what do you think will happen about that killing now"? and I said nothing more would come of it, just like the too-quickly handled drugloard storyline.

I am more interested in general than I was after the first few episodes, but I STILL am waiting for some DAMN good explanations as to why this guy knows about Dexter in the first place. Overall, I do like the series, and I LOVE Michael C. Hall, but its about a 6.5 for me right now.

Funny how so many others are shown nude in the show, but the 2 lead actresses won't show and they go to ludicrous lengths to do so. Anyone else notice, btw, that Denise Crosby was his first kill?(the Angel-of-Death nurse) Look a bit different from her "Skin Deep" and Playboy days, huh?

Other crappy incongruities I can think of;

-In the human trafficking episodes, where he kills the hubby and wife, you mean to tell me that the ITK dove down 120 feet or so to pull up ~120 lbs of dead womanthen still had time to bring her back to the trailer and lay her out, all before noon? How would he have known where she was, without following Dexter in some specific way? He should have had no knowedge of Dex's whereabouts.

- No psychiatrist is as forward, observant, and brilliant as the one in Ep8. Where was the receptionist when Dexter was bringing in his killing equipment and when Dex was cutiing him up? Do you mean to tell me this doctor sees people with NO receptionist around? The whole premise seemed exceedingly tacked-on.

- Pretty sure Rita could have had her ex re-locked up just for coming near her, as I'd imagine she has a restraining order against him. Also, I can't imagine FL actually requires both parties to sign divorce papers, but hell, stupider laws are on the books. My $$$ says Rita does NOT call the cops about the unlawful entry, assault and battery, attempted rape, etc that he commited. ( I saw this On Demand, so no previews of next week if this is established in them.)

-So only Harry knew Dex's Bio dad was alive still, yet ITK finds out, and thinks it a good idea to kill him? And of course, Dex is IMMEDIATELY suspicious, and has the EXACT right notion, with good leading clues,( who DIDN'T see the old lady ID'ing ITK as the cable guy coming a mile away?).

Seriously, this show has a LOT of 'splainin to do, but I'll be around to hear it.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:25 AM

Dali,

"Somewhere around Ep 6, I said to her, "The doctor guy is the ice truck killer"(hereafter ITK), so I'm pretty cool, obv."

Whoa, you guessed the surgeon into amputee stuff was the ITK, wow!

"How did Doakes fire first, kill the guy with the shot, and he still gets a shot off? "

Doakes fired the other guy's gun too.

I agree that that subplot sucked, though.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dali,

"Somewhere around Ep 6, I said to her, "The doctor guy is the ice truck killer"(hereafter ITK), so I'm pretty cool, obv."

Whoa, you guessed the surgeon into amputee stuff was the ITK, wow!

"How did Doakes fire first, kill the guy with the shot, and he still gets a shot off? "

Doakes fired the other guy's gun too.

I agree that that subplot sucked, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I told you I'm obv cool!, But you knew that..

Also, I think the Security guard that got chopped up said ITK really only whispered. but if not, don;t you think he might have ID'd the doc's voice?

Doakes firing the other guy's gun too entered my mind, but that is easily enough checked by checking for gunpowder on the guy's hand, plus would have been very cumbersome in more than one way, not that this show hasn't strectched reality b4. Also, what, does Doakes just carry around a clean gun with him at all times just in case he happens to see someone he wanted to kill from 20-some years ago?

P.S. Here's a link to the previous thread I posted on this; I still agree with everything I posted then, although the odd overswearing only pops up every once in a awhile now.

Linky
Old 11-30-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am more interested in general than I was after the first few episodes, but I STILL am waiting for some DAMN good explanations as to why this guy knows about Dexter in the first place. Overall, I do like the series, and I LOVE Michael C. Hall, but its about a 6.5 for me right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this guy is Dexter's brother from his original parents and thats how he knows about him. Also my guess is that he is the one that donated blood to Dexter and subsequently got the thank you card which he just planted at the dead biological father guy's house, who probably was not really their father but just some friend of the family, which is why Dexter remembers the tattoo. I don't think you are as good at figuring stuff out in advance as you thought.

Some of your other complaints are pretty valid though. Still, I like the show a lot.