Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Default I have an idea and need advice

I thought of an idea that I want to do and it involves donating money sort of like a charity.

I'm going to be completely anonymous. This charity that I want to start will be specific to a certain group, which I will not discuss here because of the "anonymous" nature of what I want to do. I do not believe anyone has ever thought about it or that there is anyone currently doing what I want to do.

My question is, is there a way I can make some kind of income from it? I know, I know, "research charities, not-for-profit, for-profit, blah blah blah." I'm not asking how to do it, and I don't really want to sift through all of the nonsense just yet without a clearer idea of if this is plausible.

Now, I'm not doing it because I want to make a profit, but because the charitable givings will depend on generating more money while being able to support the "charity" as a whole. So to my question above, I'm looking for a little bit of guidance.

Thanks.

If you have any questions, I'll be back in an hour to answer them.