Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 01:50 PM

Default a foray back into 30/60 limit, 2 overpairs in big pots

Maybe these spots are elementary, maybe they are complicated. I think a lot of people will make the right decision for the wrong reasons and the wrong decision for the right reasons.

Hand 1:

Ten handed game, 4 limpers to me, I raise AsAd on the button, BB comes along, first 2 limpers call, now the third limper reraises. I cap, all call.

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Preflop limp reraiser bets, CO calls, I raise, BB calls 2 cold, limp reraiser 3 bets, Co drops, I cap, BB calls.

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. bb checks, limp reraiser bets, I raise, BB calls 2 cold, limp reraiser calls.

River is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BB checks, limp-reraiser thinks and bets...hero?

hand 2: 6 handed game. unknown raises utg, button calls, I three-bet Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from the SB, bb calls, utg thinks and caps, we all call.

flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I check, bb bets, UTG raises, button dumps, I reraise, bb thinks and calls 2 cold, UTG calls.

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I bet, bb calls, UTG now raises. Hero..?

In your answers to these hands, please provide some sort of weighted range, even if it is "I think the guy usually has clubs, but sometimes he could have JJ, and maybe 5% of the time 33 with a club" or whatever. Answers like "call obv pot is big" aren't helpful in either scenario, thanks!

James
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: a foray back into 30/60 limit, 2 overpairs in big pots

Hand 1:

The limp-reraiser probably either has a flush or a worse overpair, the BB would probably lead out with a flush, but likely has a hand he wont fold for a bet or two bets like a flush or three sevens (76?) or he has diddly crap. I think you probably should just call, I think the LRR has a worse overpair and the BB doesn't have you beat often enough to justify a call.

Hand 2:

Tough spot, I think I call down. I think the UTG guy wont have you beat often enough (naked Ac/Kc, pair of jacks, etc) but I'm not sure.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:20 PM

I hope you enjoy the limit advice from NL players. I'm sure it will be quality! Personally, I'd call in both situations because the pot is huge.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:26 PM

and, lock this or move it and i'll xpost it.

James
Old 05-17-2007, 02:26 PM

In hand 1 I am not really worried about the LRR. He could have AhKh I guess but an overpair is more likely. Looks like a really easy call. You dont consider folding, right?

Hand 2 makes me realize I unlearned limit. Dunno what`s best.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:27 PM

Limit holdem is all about putting a man to a decision for some of his poo.