Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: banned MC Chris for 5 days for physical threats in OOT

mia,

"There's a big difference between threats of physical violence against people and threats to destroy property"

So on 2+2 it's OK to write "I am going to come and burn your house down while you are at work."

That seems to miss the point of these policies.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 PM

I never said I agreed with it.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:46 PM

I pretty much agree with all El Diablo has said regarding this matter. I think banning for events in another forum should only be taken when urgent action is required. I don't think there was any reason for urgent action in this case. I also think if any punishment was doled out it should be to both parties. It sounds as if the ban was reversed so all is well.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 PM

thread's being locked.

there are at least 3 active mods in oot. they will make these decisions.

physical threats, while not allowed, do not constitute an emergency which requires out of forum banning. and as i said above, the oot mods get to make the call on this one. that is, I'm leaving it to them to decide if there was an actual threat.

because jokes are allowed. i specifically abolished die of aids and die in a grease fire as I found them being overused. if the next catchy phrase spreading like bacteria is " i'm gonna knock your teeth out," i'll abolish that too.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Where I come from and how I was raised if you were caught bashing someone's mailbox in losing a couple of teeth would be mild punishment. The mailbox basher would be looked down upon and the tooth basher could expect many free beers and congratulatory statements. I feel that is a pretty good way of dealing with things. I admit I have always fit in pretty well with these redneck morals though.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 PM

i think that guy is a terrible troll and i really don't care that much about this ban because i know mia isn't one of those mods who gets off on crap like this, and he likes OOT and respects how we roll.

that said, if i did something like this i would get [censored] crucified, and in a general sense i completely agree with el d's logic. it would have been better if you just banned him for being a retarded troll.

but maybe that guy has been tarding up a forum other than OOT or something and i'm confusing those posts with OOT. i'm sure he's some previously banned retard anyway, so the sooner he gets permabanned the better. hopefully mia's little misadventure will put him on megatilt and i can find and excuse to [censored] his eye holes
Old 11-28-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that guy is a terrible troll

[/ QUOTE ]
This poster recently called me something like the "worst poster on 2+2". I can't really argue with that, but didn't even recognize him til then. Now I notice most of his posts are of the bitchy/trollish variety. I wouldn't be surprised if he was previously banned a time or ten either.

EDIT: and probably subconsciously factored into mia's decision, whether it was acceptable or not.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 PM

banning out of forum? demoddable offence imo.