Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-25-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Not sure what to do about this

I just got a post from omahadoc AKA Nick Rainey about this thread He asked me to delete the photoshopped pictures that apparently have his real picture superimposed onto a sign that includes a douche bag. The thing is, rainey really was a douche bag in that thread, making up a story about admo welching on a bet. I had actually temp-banned him for his posts in that thread until admo pm'd me asking me to revrerse the ban, which I did. As far as I can tell, douche bag does not circumvent the profanity filter, the pictures are in the public domain since he was some kind of college tennis pro, and he was, in fact a douche bag in that thread. So I'm not sure what to do.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Not sure what to do about this

No doubt you should remove the pics. If someone requests derogatory pics of themselves or family members be removed the request should be honored asap.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 05:20 PM

yeah i don't really like to see pictures of myself on here, let alone derogatory photoshops.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:24 PM

ok, done.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM

I don't really have a problem if we are making this official policy now, but it's not like we've done this for everyone who posts pictures of themselves in the past, nor do we do it for all obscene / insulting photos of 'name' people.

Do we think there's a difference between people posting photos of themselves and people doing photoshops of 'public domain' images that haven't been placed on the site by the user who is depicted?

The reason I ask this is that there have been times people post pics of themselves in OOT / BBV and they get MS Painted, sometimes not in the most flattering ways. I would typically consider these fair game.

This particular instance isn't my forum, but my general perspective is that if people are putting their names out there voluntarily and behaving poorly, if they get 'smeared,' it gets removed at the discretion of the mods, not automatically. Just my opinion and it doesn't really come up in OOT anyway.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:10 PM

NT!,

Weird thing, I was trying to find that pic of you at the Grand Canyon holding up a bottle of motor oil or whatever but I noticed it had been deleted from that BBV4L thread. Did you request it? I was gonna paste it into that thread asking Mat who his mo'fo is, along with the one of me kissing the traffic signal that I stole from the City of Scottsdale. To prove that I own.

This isn't meant to be a provocative question, I'm just curious.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NT!,

Weird thing, I was trying to find that pic of you at the Grand Canyon holding up a bottle of motor oil or whatever but I noticed it had been deleted from that BBV4L thread. Did you request it? I was gonna paste it into that thread asking Mat who his mo'fo is, along with the one of me kissing the traffic signal that I stole from the City of Scottsdale. To prove that I own.

This isn't meant to be a provocative question, I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I now have an ethical duty to report you to the City of Scottsdale Police Department.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:19 PM

jman,

I'll ask your mom to do it, when she doesn't have her mouth full.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:28 PM

i don't think i even saw that thread in BBV, links? i saw the pic posted in ATF, somebody grabbed it from my photobucket account.

i did not request it be taken down, although people were linking directly to my PB account and i may have changed the name to prevent bandwidth drain.