Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:15 PM

Default NL100. Semideep. My weak overpair gets clickraised

Hi guys

Ok so I am trying out this NL thing. Going pretty well so far.

One thing I have trouble with tho, is when somebody floats me preflop and raises a low board. What the hell do you do with your medium pairs?

In this hand villain had been pretty laggy after about 40 hands. He had been floating me a couple of times preflop however we havent seen a SD yet. I think he won one of the pots where I gave up on the turn.

This was the first time that he raised me on the flop BTW

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($86.19)
Hero ($165.41)
MP ($165.39)
CO ($102.60)
Button ($45.30)
SB ($74.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, MP calls $4, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($12.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $18</font>, Hero..?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Re: NL100. Semideep. My weak overpair gets clickraised

I have been thinking about this for 2 days now, but am not coming into any conclusion what would be the best line.

My thoughts are that after calling the raise Hero is committed, 13% of the stack bet, but getting it all-in seems too risky. Perhaps just call the raise and then control the pot ie c/c unless faced with really big bets in which case c/f?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 AM

I hate to say it but this is really player dependent. I see the MP's stack is &gt;100, so let's just assume he knows how to play poker. This min-raise could be an attempt at a cheap-river or a sucker-raise. Has MP done anything like in the past? Have you seen MP go nuts with an overpair to the board (could MP have 66-TT here?).

My default line with a complete unknown is to call the min-raise and play poker after that. If the turn gets checked through, I'm comfortable calling a river bet.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 AM

Call, evaluate future action.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 PM

Whenever I feel I may have been floated by a villain I will either check/call the next good or mediocre made hand in order to get to showdown and see what he is doing. Or, when the board is dry and cries for a cbet on the flop, I will more often fire again on the turn.

Given your history with villain I would probably have tried a BIG checkraise on the flop (checkcalling feels weird on this board). As played, well, call and see what happens.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:53 AM

Atlest 75% of the time people do this to me at and I get to showdown they have a monster.