Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-22-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Ok turn check?

Disregard preflop. Its what happens when I have been playing too much NL.

Anyways.

Button is 40/10 fish. BB is unknown but seems good / non fishy.

I usually check behind turn but I figured he has 4 outs a lot so giving out a free card isnt that terrible and I save myself the agony of getting c/r'ed

FPS?

Just valuebet both turn and river?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks....

Oh and plese dont redirect to MHSSH. Nothing happens there.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Ok turn check?

I would bet. I think we have a lot of equity against his range. He could be trapping with a high PP/set but then he risks a FC. I think he will call the turn with a lot of his 4 outs hands.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:46 PM

I would bet.
It is much more likely that the lack of a threebet on flop is a holding that is not going to checkraise turn. And It is by no means a disaster if you get checkraised.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM

I see no value in a bet due to that specific card. I would say that is almost the worst card in the deck (the diamond helps you obviously.) All straight draws just got there or out-paired you and he's not folding. If he had an 8 he's still ahead and if he had a 6 he's likely out kicking you. This leaves you with a decision on the river, but I would probably fold if he bets and I don't improve.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see no value in a bet due to that specific card. I would say that is almost the worst card in the deck (the diamond helps you obviously.) All straight draws just got there or out-paired you and he's not folding. If he had an 8 he's still ahead and if he had a 6 he's likely out kicking you. This leaves you with a decision on the river, but I would probably fold if he bets and I don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain 3-bet pf and b/c this ragged board. Why do you put him on 8x or 7x or a SD?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain 3-bet pf and b/c this ragged board. Why do you put him on 8x or 7x or a SD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I misread the action. Oops. You're right, standard bet on the turn.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:54 PM

He is drawing for overcards many times and you should make him pay for that.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 PM

I would bet the turn and probably the river for value too if he just calls. People never fold AK on rag boards HU these days. If he has an overpair, then he misplayed his hand by not 3betting the flop. If he has AK you are getting at least one more bet out of him.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Edit to OP:

I dont "usually check behind on the turn". I usually bet the turn

I still think its close because he should be folding overcards here in which case I loose value whenever he would have put in a bet with those on the river if I check.

If he has an overpair checking is obviously best
Old 10-22-2007, 07:57 PM

Also,

"Hi, I misplayed my hand preflop, so please critque my play on this situation I shouldn't even be in in the first place."