Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Dreaming about poker

This is totally serious and i would appreciate any kind of help.

I had this problem 2 month before, that i am dreaming about 8 tabling, this is not the real problem.
The real problem is that i am not sleaping deap and so aren`t relaxing as it should be.

My unconcious mind realizes that and tries to tell me that i am not connected to the internet so that the tables can`t be for real and there`s no sense by playing.
Or i just try to close the tables or shout the computer down.

I try to learn meditating. IŽll do it before going to sleep.

Wtf can i do?

By the way i play till 30-60 mins before i go to sleep, becaue the games are juicy from 0-4am German time, but my uni begins at 8.15
Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Dreaming about poker

I do this as well - dream about playing poker online. There's usually really big hands, and I can never make the right decision, as after 3 seconds I can't really remember the board or what I have. Then I move on to another hand, and the same thing happens over and over again. But I think it's sort of fun.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 AM

you 2 are mad
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 PM

Thank you Rek, I appreciate your psychological support. It is truly heartbreaking.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:31 PM

I often have these dreams. Playing lots of Team Fortress 2 the past month has made things more complicated. I've had many dreams of playing poker while a medic heals me. Quite strange..
Old 10-15-2007, 12:40 PM

I dream about poker every night.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM

I think it's pretty common to dream about poker. Talked about this with my buddies and they all experience the same thing after long sessions. I've found that getting a lot of exercise helps me to sleep deeper and not wake up stressed from having to make tough calls and laydowns in my sleep. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 03:27 PM

after a heavy multi tabling sesions i've had dreams about random situation in a hand, not complete hands just random spots. I would usaully wake up form this fall back to sleep and 20-60min later it would happen again.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:05 PM

So funny, i had a dream the other night that i was on insane tilt and just blew my account. I was def. sleep but it felt almost as if i was awake at the same time. Once 9am hit, i woke up and was so happy to see this was just a dream. During the dream, it really felt like my account was being blown. So weird
Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 PM

woahhh.. the night i was watching the wcoop final event i had the trippiest dream and i know i was smiling. i was playing heads up first prize on 2.7 mil and second took 1.3 mil.. i finished second and it was nuts. i was walking around in the pokerstars lobby. the website was like a place and i was walking with such a swagger. i only had 5 dollars in my pocket and i went up to a "poker stars cashier" and asked her to check my balance. it was 1.3 milion something and i remember tipping her 5 bucks. i didnt want to wake up but i was smilingg it felt so real too bad