Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Another UB hand history question

Played about UB for the first time in a while and when I went to review my session in pokertracker I noticed that some hands were missing(common UB occurence). In the past you could go back to the table, retrieve the hands manually and save them but now there is no save option? Am I missing something? can I only get the hands by email?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Another UB hand history question

my [censored] was way off tonight too!

u'd have to email them
Old 06-02-2007, 03:28 AM

If you are not seated at the table, you can't save the HH. (This was the change they made; they can allow users to view any HH they want from a table, but don't let them save them unless they are seated. That way, they still discourage data mining, but don't overly restrict access to old HHs). Anyway, the solution is to just grab a seat at the table, sit out, and grab whatever missing hands you need. Then save the file, and leave.

Alternatively, if the table is full and there is a waiting list, you can fire up PAHUD, set your prefetch hand count to some ridiculous number that is high enough to retrieve the hand(s) you need, and then open the HH window and let PAHUD do its thing. PAHUD doesn't have a problem saving the HH's that it retrieves, even if you're not sitting at the table since it uses some black magic.

E-mailing customer support is a distant third option I only use if the table isn't available any more.

jb
Old 06-02-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are not seated at the table, you can't save the HH. (This was the change they made; they can allow users to view any HH they want from a table, but don't let them save them unless they are seated. That way, they still discourage data mining, but don't overly restrict access to old HHs). Anyway, the solution is to just grab a seat at the table, sit out, and grab whatever missing hands you need. Then save the file, and leave.

Alternatively, if the table is full and there is a waiting list, you can fire up PAHUD, set your prefetch hand count to some ridiculous number that is high enough to retrieve the hand(s) you need, and then open the HH window and let PAHUD do its thing. PAHUD doesn't have a problem saving the HH's that it retrieves, even if you're not sitting at the table since it uses some black magic.

E-mailing customer support is a distant third option I only use if the table isn't available any more.

jb

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish any of what u said made sense.....

First, u say UB doesn't allow u to datamine, FALSE. Sitting down/sitting out is totally unnecessary. Then u go and say that PAHUD will observe tables b/c it uses "black magic". LMAO. Any UB hand tool will collect hands, but PAHUD is the best b/c it prefetches.

[/rant]
Old 06-02-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wish any of what u said made sense.....

First, u say UB doesn't allow u to datamine, FALSE. Sitting down/sitting out is totally unnecessary. Then u go and say that PAHUD will observe tables b/c it uses "black magic". LMAO. Any UB hand tool will collect hands, but PAHUD is the best b/c it prefetches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what to make of this. Do you get this worked up about all the little things in your life?

I said that UB discourages data mining. The UB HH window doesn't allow the "Save/Save As..." option unless you're actually seated at the table. This is the exact problem the OP was looking for help with. If you want to specifically grab 2 or 3 old hands from a table, I've found that sitting down/sitting out is the easiest way to get just the ones I need.

Using PAHUD to grab a whole bunch of hands using pre-fetching is a rather less precise way of getting a few old hands, as that is not its intended purpose, but it will get the job done, even if you're not seated at the table. I said "black magic" tongue-in-cheek, just meaning that, even though the UB HH window doesn't allow you to save the HH file (or even let you copy/paste it, for that matter!) when you're not seated at the table, PAHUD is still able to save the fetched hands to a separate location.

I have no experience with any other UB hand tools, and for that reason I not bring them up.

I still believe e-mailing is an available option, but not a preferred one, due to the lack of timely customer support at UB.

peace,
jb