Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Variance is a bitch, I have to drop down, when can I go back up?

[ QUOTE ]
Kerowo and to everyone, thank you for your responses. It's much appriciated.

Dank, I don't have every hand I played listed on this PC, some losing sessions were on a friends computer that I do not have access to now. On this PC at 1/2 specifically I have over 7,000 hands listed. I would assume on the other PC's I logged about 500 hands. So about 7,500 hands total.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sample is not that big.

This could be variance but it could also be (and more likely is) a result of leaks in your game. If you had logged like 20-30k hands as a winning player and then started having this downswing, you might be able to chalk it up to variance, but here you have nothing to suggest this being variance anymore than problems with your game. I personally think that you should move down to .25/.50 and try to grind your way back up as previously suggested. I think this will allow you to play a lot of hands at a lot less risk and help you fix your game. Focus on reviewing your sessions. post more and respond to more posts. Don't give up. Good luck.