Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Ask me about real estate investment?

Ok Ive been working with residential and multifamily income producing real estate investing for sometime now and have a fairly good grasp on the subject. I work for a well to do RE investment company as well. It is actually the easiest and most straightforward way to make money IMO with little starting capital and bad credit. Ok now I sound like one of those infomercials...

Ask away...
Old 10-19-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Ask me about real estate investment?

[ QUOTE ]
It is actually the easiest and most straightforward way to make money IMO with little starting capital and bad credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was your paperman hit by a bus simultaneously taking out the satellite dish for your cave?

J
Old 10-19-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is actually the easiest and most straightforward way to make money IMO with little starting capital and bad credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was your paperman hit by a bus simultaneously taking out the satellite dish for your cave?

J

[/ QUOTE ]

If your referring to the subprime problems Haha very clever.

You obviously don't have a clue about real estate investment though because yes now more then ever it is possible to make a lot of money even with bad credit.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't have a clue about real estate investment though because yes now more then ever it is possible to make a lot of money even with bad credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no subprime problem, there is a credit crunch due largely to the questionable values of the securitized loans. Now is about the worst time in a long time for bad credit to take loans.

J
Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 AM

GittyUp,
What market/city are you investing in right now?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no subprime problem, there is a credit crunch due largely to the questionable values of the securitized loans. Now is about the worst time in a long time for bad credit to take loans.

J

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes that is true. Not only is it the worst time it quite frankly isn't even possible to get a loan with bad credit.

There are many way to make money without taking out a loan. Become a bird dog, wholesaler, use hardmoney.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GittyUp,
What market/city are you investing in right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mainly invest in Florida. Right now Florida has one of the worst real estate markets out of any area because it was the most inflated in the past. Thats said there is still a lot of opportunity to make money.

Right now I usually try and purchase property for 50-60 cents on the dollar and rent or lease to own. The rental market and sales market are often counter cyclical and people with bad credit love the lease to own option. I don't mind if they default it essestially reverts back to a rental then.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes that is true. Not only is it the worst time it quite frankly isn't even possible to get a loan with bad credit.

There are many way to make money without taking out a loan. Become a bird dog, wholesaler, use hardmoney.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I do have a clue after all? I would add sucking [censored] to your list.

J
Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM

What percentage of your gross income from your multifamily properties goes to expenses (not including debt service)?

How would you go about hiring a salaried property manager for a large complex or several smaller properties?

What experience good or bad have you had with gross rent property management companies? Besides referrals from other investors, what criteria would you use to know if you're hiring the right company?

What do you think are the pros/cons of gross rent managers vs. salaried managers?
Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 AM

Best ways to find distressed properties?

Thoughts on tax deed sales?

In Southeast FL at this time, does it make sense to go after C or D properties (West of the turnpike) or are the deals still better east?