Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Default NL50 - 3bet pot - 4 way

I was kinda freaked out when my 3bet got called in 3 spots. Anyway I think I can not cbet with air here into 3 people right? But what do I do on the turn? Do I bet when checked to or do I check and call river bet if any or bet river myself small when checked to?

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $50.69
Hero (BTN): $65.29
SB: $21.31
BB: $50
UTG: $51.76
MP: $37.71

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB folds, BB calls $5.50, UTG calls $5, CO calls $5

Flop: ($24.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($24.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero ???
Old 10-21-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: NL50 - 3bet pot - 4 way

I'd just call pf, a UTG raise is pretty strong, so I call and play poker.

As for the hand, wow - is this just a really loose table or what? I think you're between a rock and a hard place. If you bet, only better hands call, and if you check, you give everyone free draws to whatever the hell they have.

I really don't think anyone is going to bluff you in this spot, so I make it 12-13 to go and fold to any more resistance. If it's called, then obv check through on the river.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:39 PM

Bet to protect your hand, i dont see a set giving 2 free cards, and AA or KK would surely have bet by now.

So bet!!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:42 PM

Yea, I have to agree with wslee00, unless you get a read that shows he raises UTG with a wide range, this is a flat call. I personally do not start 3 betting people with less than AK until I get a read or its a raise from middle position. Once you get to the turn, you must be to protect your hand as there are so many draws out there and no one has showed any resistance. If you get raised though, insta muck.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 PM

I do not raise UTG raisers with AQ normally but as you see I was on a table full of donks that played a lot of hands and this was just a minraise from UTG so I wanted to find out if he's just joking around or has a real hand. That is a reason why I was reluctant to put any more money into the pot when I was called even when I hit on the turn.

I did not think about the 1/2 pot bet option though thanks for the tip. I thought that if I bet my standard (about 20$) I will be commited and would have to call a push.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:02 PM

You gotta bet here, your likely aheaad and want to protect your hand, checking turn is terrible imo. 3 bet is marginal preflop
Old 10-21-2007, 01:18 PM
 is offline

3betting AQ preflop is fine, especialy against a weak bet from UTG. Do you have any reads on the players at the table ? Seems like a bunch of calling stations. Unless your oponents have no clue whatsoever I would bet here. Can`t see anybody holding a bigger hand and not be betting on that board. But remember: Never underestimate the power of human stupidity

Note: If you bet I would make it about 3/4 pot.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3betting AQ preflop is fine, especialy against a weak bet from UTG. Do you have any reads on the players at the table ? Seems like a bunch of calling stations. Unless your oponents have no clue whatsoever I would bet here. Can`t see anybody holding a bigger hand and not be betting on that board. But remember: Never underestimate the power of human stupidity

Note: If you bet I would make it about 3/4 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

no real reads yet, If I bet and get reraised AI do I call with half of the effective stack in?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:16 PM

If you bet and get raised all in on the turn I think you have to fold. I mean, youre looking at a hand that is almost definitely better than one pair or a combo draw when someone is going to put in their stack with that board.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:42 PM

yeah, but am I not far over the commitment threshold here?

... and on top of that getting 3 to 1 odds at the worst