Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Played Poker With A White Supremacist Last Night

Wait, white people aren't better than other people?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, white people aren't better than other people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, The Bell Curve by Charles Murray proved this to be wrong. Emperor Hu Li will explain this to you in due time.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you just have to fight for your right to exist because no one else will do it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that what Palestinians say all the time?

This thread is very interesting in any case. TT, you are quite knowledgeable about skinheads, if I ever have to write a paper...

I'd like to see this moved to politics so we could have the real discussion without edits though. (Not that I don't appreciate how much editing you've had to do in this thread)
Old 10-18-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the things I love about poker is that (almost always) nobody cares who you are, where you come from, who your parents are or what you look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but isn't that the point of this whole thread? This guy DOES care who you are, where you come from, who your parents are, and what you look like. And he openly announces that he'll hate you for it and wish you dead (and possibly make you dead) if you don't align properly on the above characteristics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to burst your rather egocentric bubble, but if you were to encounter the fellow in question he probably wouldn’t even notice you (much less give a hoot about your linage). That is unless you were to continually suck out on him big time. Then he might in fact, actually “wish you dead”.

Considering your “heightened sensitivity” you may be deserving of kudos for ever entering the public arena.

Basically, you own your emotional response. You don’t know the story of the guy with the tat. He may or may not be all that you attribute to him. Until you are certain, if you must hate, why not hate on what the symbol represents to you, not on the man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess for some, ignorance is bliss. You can choose to delude yourself into believing whatever you want about the possibly really nice guy with the swastika display tatooed on him. But placing a tatoo on your body isn't accidental, and displaying it isn't accidental either. Nor is not having it removed when the procedure is now painless and cheap. So being a realist I must assume that he wants to convey to me that message that that symbol has conveyed since the Holocaust. I wish I had your optimism, but I haven't had the occasion to meet any well intention, swastika displaying guys in my existence.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the things I love about poker is that (almost always) nobody cares who you are, where you come from, who your parents are or what you look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but isn't that the point of this whole thread? This guy DOES care who you are, where you come from, who your parents are, and what you look like. And he openly announces that he'll hate you for it and wish you dead (and possibly make you dead) if you don't align properly on the above characteristics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to burst your rather egocentric bubble, but if you were to encounter the fellow in question he probably wouldn’t even notice you (much less give a hoot about your linage). That is unless you were to continually suck out on him big time. Then he might in fact, actually “wish you dead”.

Considering your “heightened sensitivity” you may be deserving of kudos for ever entering the public arena.

Basically, you own your emotional response. You don’t know the story of the guy with the tat. He may or may not be all that you attribute to him. Until you are certain, if you must hate, why not hate on what the symbol represents to you, not on the man.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is too funny. A guy wears a swastika and other hate organization symbols and I'm the one hating on the man? You're right. He wouldn't notice me. I'm not in one of the ethnic groups this guy professes to detest, so while I may not take the personal offense that others might, I feel it is more than just innapropriate for someone to openly show his allegiance to these hate groups. I didn't say I hate him; I find his actions (choosing to show these tats) to be extremely distasteful at least, threatening at worst.

To say this is about ego is hilarious, even if you didn't know I'm of European decent. But hey, I'm happy for you that you're so enlightened that you give a guy that wears signs saying "I hate Jews and blacks" the benefit of the doubt that he may actually be a live-and-let-live guy but just found it a little too warm that evening to wear sleeves.