Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: What are the top pros worth?

I always wonder how much the guys are worth that post on 2+2 about their new BMWs and 10K rolex watches. It seems a lot of them are spending like 25% of their networth on stuff like this.

Also about Bld's comment. To sit in a big game you don't need 100 buyins. If they were going to buy in for $500K every time they played poker they should have at least $50M but just sitting in a game like that one time $10M is probably fine. I seriously doubt they have 100% of their own action either.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't "BloodsweatandTears" Say that in order to play comfortably you need 100 buy ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they said "I love you more than you'll ever know".

Did you mean Building Sweaters?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:02 AM

The are worth onehundredkajillionbillion. Even Guy cant being that kind of action.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. i don't think there are all that many poker pros who are worth more than a couple million.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this sarcasm? I can think of 20 randomly off the top of my head that are worth more than a couple million.

[/ QUOTE ]

go

(not doubting u btw, i just want to see names)
Old 11-01-2007, 05:20 AM

PBJaxx is easily worth like $1,000. Honestly, I think he probably has like 3X more than that.

Ivey is probably worth even more.

[/thread]

Unless TC wants to post more...
Old 11-01-2007, 09:16 AM

this may be a little too logical for this thread but it's not necessarily a big stretch to play so high. first of all, they're (presumably) not going to keep playing 500k buy-in games until they go broke... even if they have only 5mil, which is not enough of a bankroll for this game, it's okay if they just take a shot with the 500k and are planning to drop down to smaller games afterwards.

also, playing in this game gives them credibility/exposure which helps for sponsorships later on even if they lose money
Old 11-01-2007, 10:03 AM

How can people estimate PAs networth to $10m? $2-3m max I would say...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 AM

He has made more than $2M in tournaments alone. He has won insane amount of money online, i saw a $5M graph from fall 2006 at FTP, that would give you an idea.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. i don't think there are all that many poker pros who are worth more than a couple million.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this sarcasm? I can think of 20 randomly off the top of my head that are worth more than a couple million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so sure your guess is better than his?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that most pros think in terms of bankroll=net worth. i know that i lump it all together. there are a few very disciplined types that seperate the two, but that isn't the usual story. also, i think that most gamblers lump unpaid debts into the 'asset' category when determining their net worth, when in fact many of these debts should be listed at a big discount. lending money is just such a bad idea. --ba

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the book Micheal Craig wrote about the series of games the pros played against Andy Beal, most of the top pros take money from their bankrolls and move it into investments and no longer consider it poker money. It is a bad day for any of these players when they have to convert any of this money back to their bankrolls.

Since I have no idea how any of these folks do on their investments, and how disciplined they are at investing their winnings and how much they may make on endorsements or ventures such as Supersytems one and two (in the case of Dolye), I have no idea how many truly rich players there may be.

Having said that, if it were just based on poker winnings, I doubt there would be any 10 million dollar men in poker, and even with these outside sources of income would be surprised if there are more than a handfull of 10 million dollar men. And I'm skeptical there are any 20 million dollar men. (With just maybe the possible exception of Doyle, whose had the longevity that he may have had real estate investments or stock investments appreciating for decades, and may, for all I know, have made multiple millions off of his books).

Remember, within the past couple of years, a consortium of players did not find it a breeze to put together the bankroll to play Andy Beal. If all of these players were worth 10 million plus, it should've been easy for them to find the liquidity to pool together the right bankroll.