Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $25
Hero (UTG): $42
MP: $27.30
CO: $10.75
BTN: $27.40
SB: $46.05

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($1.95) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($2.45) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls $4

River: ($14.45) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $13</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: AA river decision

raise the flop,
There are two hearts out there and two jacks, he minbetdonks which usually is a sign of big hand or weak hand, find out now.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop,
There are two hearts out there and two jacks, he minbetdonks which usually is a sign of big hand or weak hand, find out now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like raising the non heart turn better. Any reasonable size raise is going to get a call by a FD, given the size of the pot on the flop. Also, raising into the JJ2 flop with aces I just don't like much at all, IMO we're only extracting $ from a FD there, and get played back at too often after opening PF and leading a cbet. IMO raising the turn is deceptive enough to extract value from a arger range.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 PM

I don't like being too tricky w/ good hands. It will mess you up in a lot of situations. I want to know what kind of hand he has on the flop so later street decisions is easier, plus I have a great hand and want value from anything I can get it from. How about other pps?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: AA river decision vs showdown muppet

Don't be tricky with aces. I played the most shocking hand of my life yesterday because I couldn't fold AA and I still feel like a twit.

Bet the flop ~ $2 - 2.50.
Bet 2/3 on turn.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:17 PM

I see no reason not to raise the flop. It charges FD's and will still get called by smaller pocket pairs. If villain reraises I guess we can fold but I definately think hands worse than ours will call a flop raise.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like being too tricky w/ good hands. It will mess you up in a lot of situations. I want to know what kind of hand he has on the flop so later street decisions is easier, plus I have a great hand and want value from anything I can get it from. How about other pps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other pps have lesser value as you go down the list and begin to become more vulnerable to having the villain betting out his pp which is higher than ours. While I agree playing hands in an overly tricky way can often create difficult situations, this is not one of them IMO. Raising this flop after opening in EP gives away far too much info IMO.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:19 PM

I call river as played versus this villain, though it's pretty close given his passivity.

Given your opponent's stats I make a reasonable raise on the flop only because his calling range that you beat there is still going to be large: lots of flush draws, lots of pocket pairs, some Ax hands, a few 2x hands, and a few backdoor straight draws. So make it a raise that hands like that can call, nothing huge, I'd say.

If he still leads turn for close to pot I go into check-call mode onto river and very likely fold if/when he overbets or shoves into me. If he checks turn I continue value-betting, but will strongly consider dumping if CRed.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see no reason not to raise the flop. It charges FD's and will still get called by smaller pocket pairs. If villain reraises I guess we can fold but I definately think hands worse than ours will call a flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the smaller pp part
Old 10-14-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As you said, raising flop prices out draws and adds value to your hand. Any aggression from him after this makes this hand much easier to ditch.

You are probably ahead on flop; get some money in now instead of when a 3rd heart (etc) falls.