Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Preflop decision with ladies against hachem

Lets pretend that we have 60% vs 40% against shortstacker's range(and it's probably so).
(60%-40%) * POTSIZE(925+925+185+75= 2100) = 420$ is our EV by calling (considering everybody left in a hand will 100% fold) . By reraising 700$ more we are representing so thin and strong range , so nobody can make a mistake against us. I mean nobody who are trying to win here longrun. We can't minreraise here, having 55% vs 45% against shortstacker , because we are investing 700$ to win 210$ (10% * POTSIZE) and it's breakeven point , because two other players will sometimes have AA/KK . I don't really like the word "sometimes" in poker , the best way is to calculate this "sometimes", but for now i think this is not SO important.
It's not bad to minraise with QQ here, trying to extract information which will help us to LOOSE LESS if we are coldcalled or reraised, but what about cases when we have AA/KK ? We will WIN LESS . So i think generally it's a bad idea to reraise QQ+ AK+ range here.
Im just a fish playing 5-10$, but as a former sng player i think i have a right to express my opinion here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude its a 5b out of no where, this is never ever ever AK.. i mean unless he thinks this is a tournament. intsafold

[/ QUOTE ]

this is always AK. and he prb does think its a tourney. idk what the numbers are off the top of my head, but i think if he can do this w/ AK, you're good to go, the fact theres someone to iso makes me believe AK is def in his range here.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts during the hand were that raising would almost make it easier to fold to a shove (and thus the minraise), given the amount of strength a 5-bet would indicate. If I just call, he can put me on a wider range of hands (or can he?) and perhaps shove lighter, putting me to a tougher decision.

Would you smoothcall or reraise with AA? KK? AK? And what do you think Hachem's assumption of these ranges might be? What does he put me on when I minreraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

coldcalling would be for 16% of your stack, so no one would be getting even close to the right price to try to overcall and set mine against you... so yes, you could do it with any big hand, and I think it's probably correct to just call there with any hand you want to play. No one should be making a move at you because your range is pretty strong at this point (including the nuts) and the guy that shoved in front of you should have a reasonable range as well.

as for what Hachem would think, I obviously don't know anything much about him specifically, but I think in general people are not going to be giving your min-reraise more respect than a coldcall due to what I mentioned above, and because the reraise looks like you're trying to isolate with a good, but vulnerable hand.

also, coldcalling and folding to a shove behind you is cheaper than what you did, so in order to justify the extra investment you need to believe that your reraise gives you *significantly* better information when you do face a shove. I don't think that is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think in many ways a coldcall would get more respect. However: do we even want respect? Also: by doing the isolation thing, aren't we signaling that we have a vulnerable hand like JJ/AK?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:07 AM

Instafold for me.. it becomes a real decision if you cold-called the smallstack and Joe raised..
Old 09-23-2007, 04:29 AM

Joe is pretty goofy and bad as you know at online cash games (especially when he's been drinking), but I'm letting this one go. I can't really count on the side pot as overlay, so you're probably getting a little less than 2:1 against his range.

In my experience however, Joe doesn't make these plays after there's been that much aggression. He'll make some goofy pre-flop aggressive plays, but not after all this action.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:34 AM

So we have 50% for fold and 50% for call. Results so I can make fun of the half that was wrong while not giving an opinion of mine but pretending thats what I would have done. thanks
Old 09-23-2007, 04:12 PM

after comiting 1/3 of the stack i think you have too call.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:10 PM

I folded. Hachem's AKo got there with a K to chop most of the pot with the shorty's AK